Critical Escalation Manager
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
We're looking for a dedicated, curious problem solver to join our team as a Critical Escalation Manager!
The position is a strategic, high-visibility role that provides the highest level of escalation management for customer issues that are jeopardizing the Cohesity business relationship and/or sales opportunities with key customers. These issues typically have executive transparency and involve issues that span product, service, support and other business functions within Cohesity.
The role requires both cross-functional as well as external coordination with customers and partners, Sustaining and Development Engineers, Product Management, Site Reliability Engineers, and Account Teams in unison to resolve complex challenges. In this role, you will lead and manage the programmatic resolution of customers' critical issues by building and owning an interdepartmental, cross-functional, and geographically-located virtual team.
HOW YOU'LL SPEND YOUR TIME HERE:
- Ownership for driving progress and resolution of customer’s critical issues
- Engage and lead cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams in the development and execution of action plans to address critical situations
- Effectively communicate critical issue status to executive staff, sales teams, and the customer
- Drive transparency into customer issue trends through case audits and work to get ahead of issues proactively
- Ensure the cross-functional team is working off of clearly established action plans (ex. Who, What, When) and delivering within established SLAs
- Lead complex customer situations, coordinating the actions of the engaged Cohesity resources
- Identify systemic and pervasive issues related to products and/or processes and drive actions to prevent future problems
- Maintain and expand a solid understanding of current Cohesity products and their business applications
- Participate in weekly escalation review meetings between Sales, Customer Support, Product Management, and Engineering
- The escalation manager is an individual contributor role that reports to the program director and works seamlessly with Engineering, Product Management, Customer Support, Professional Services and customer-facing teams to address and prevent critical issues
WE'D LOVE TO TALK IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Capacity to work in a challenging environment with international clients
- Written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to clearly articulate technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences, and also explain the impact in business terms
- Strong analytical and end to end problem-solving skills
- Capability to multitask and prioritize with a strong sense of getting to closure on behalf of the customer
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced, demanding environment with global customers
- Have an excellent customer-first demeanor and willingness to go beyond expectations to ensure customer success
- Demonstrated proficiencies to lead and motivate others through forming and executing resolution plans for complex issues
- 5+ years of Escalation Management experience
- Additional experience in Technical Account Management, Engineering Management, Customer Support Management, Program/Project Management or similar roles
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent (MBA a plus).
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity employees who are within a reasonable commute (e.g. within a forty-five (45) minute average travel time) work out of our core offices 2-3 days a week of their choosing.