Technical Program Manager - Manager (Compliance Product & Strategy)
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Compliance Product, Strategy and Programs team at Coinbase is looking for a TPM Manager. We are looking for a world class Technical Program Manager that can help lead strategic an complex initiatives between technical teams and business stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Set cross functional business objectives, align cross-functional teams, and execute through design and technical implementation
- Plan, scope, resource, coordinate, communicate status, manage risks and track progress across multiple product workstreams
- Create and support cross functional program deliverables including program plans, quarterly objectives and associated initiatives, BRDs, PRDs, TDDs, product launch approval etc.
- Serve as the liaison between Compliance SMEs, Product and Eng to deliver initiatives
- Plan, scope, resource, coordinate, communicate status, manage risks and track progress across multiple product work streams
- Work closely with product and engineering stakeholders throughout the product development lifecycle to resolve blockers, influence decisions, address questions, and balance between functionality and user experience
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 8+ years of experience within market facing FinTech products as a Technical Program Manager
- Experience balancing product and business priorities with operational compliance requirements
- Strong agile experience within the product development life cycle
- Proven experience solving for tradeoffs between operational requirements and user experience
- Strong ability to identify, resolve and escalate risks and issues
- Critical thinker who has consistently been sought after to find win-win solutions across various teams with competing priorities
- Ability to adapt quickly to evolving program needs while effectively navigating Coinbase teams across Product, Engineering, Legal, Compliance and CX
- Experience working in a global, large-scale, complex, and fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, computer science, engineering, economics or related field
Nice to haves:
- Experience in Top Tier consulting firm
- MBA or advanced certifications in Program or project management
- Experience with financial product compliance KYC, BSA, OFAC, AML
- Advanced understanding of product development and control implementation
- Experience with JIRA, Looker, SQL
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please complete this intake form to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.