Odoo Software Engineer
Devens, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2023
Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) has the fastest, lowest cost path to commercial fusion energy.
CFS collaborates with MIT to leverage decades of research combined with groundbreaking new high-temperature superconducting (HTS) magnet technology. HTS magnets will enable compact fusion power plants that can be constructed faster and at lower cost. Our mission is to deploy these power plants to meet global decarbonization goals as fast as possible. To that end, CFS has assembled a team of leaders in tough tech, fusion science, and manufacturing with a track record of rapid execution. Supported by the world’s leading investors, CFS is uniquely positioned to deliver limitless, clean, fusion power to combat climate change. To implement this plan, we are looking to add dedicated people to the team who treat people well, improve our work by adding multifaceted perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have achieved outstanding results through a range of pursuits, and have skills and experience related to this role.
We are seeking a highly skilled Senior Odoo Developer to join our team. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in developing, maintaining, and improving Odoo ERP applications. The successful candidate will work closely with other developers, product owners, and stakeholders to deliver innovative solutions.
This team member will:
- Design and develop customized modules, features, and functionalities using Odoo's programming language, Python
- Work with the team to understand business requirements and develop appropriate solutions
- Develop, test, and maintain software applications to ensure that they meet business requirements
- Participate in code reviews to ensure that code quality standards are met
- Mentor and guide junior developers in the team
- Ensure that the Odoo ERP implementation is scalable, reliable, and secure
- Participate in the development of technical documentation, such as system design documents, technical specifications, and user manuals
- Stay up-to-date with the latest Odoo developments and technologies
- Troubleshoot and debug complex issues
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- Bachelor's or Master degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
- 3+ years of experience in developing Odoo ERP applications using Python
- Strong understanding of Odoo's technical architecture, data models, and business logic
- Strong knowledge of Odoo's security features, including permissions, access-rights, and groups
- Experience with Odoo applications such as Sales, Purchase, Inventory, Accounting, Manufacturing, and Project Management
- Experience in working with version control tools such as Git. Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Familiar with the Odoo connector framework and have experience working with APIs for integration
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) methodologies and processes
- Strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with team members, clients, and stakeholders
Additional experience and/or qualifications:
- Experience working with any other Tier 1 ERP
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs occasionally
- Perform activities such as typing, standing, and sitting, for extended periods of time
- Work in a facility that contains industrial hazards including heat, cold, noise, fumes, strong magnets, lead (Pb), high voltage, high current, pressure systems, and cryogenics
- Willingness to travel occasionally
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.