Security Infrastructure Engineer
DataRobot is the leader in Value-Driven AI, a unique and collaborative approach to generative and predictive AI that combines an open platform, deep expertise and broad use-case experience to improve how organizations run, grow and optimize their business. The DataRobot AI Platform is the only complete AI lifecycle platform that interoperates with an organization’s existing investments in data, applications and business processes, and can be deployed on prem or on any cloud environment. Global organizations, including 40% of the Fortune 50, rely on DataRobot to drive greater impact and value from AI.
The Engineer will have a strong understanding of infrastructure security, secure infrastructure as code development and modern security approaches.The Day to Day:
- Develop, implement, maintain, and advance the security measures posture of the organization in multi-cloud environments to protect the company’s infrastructure, including email, cloud networks, systems, and data.
- Deploy and manage infrastructure and security technologies such as firewalls, email security gateways, EDR - Endpoint Protection, Google Workspace, Palo Alto, Aviatrix, AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Develop and deploy infrastructure as code (IaC) using Terraform and Python, aligning with GitHub DevOps best practices.
- Monitor, evaluate, and interpret vulnerabilities/CVEs, mitigations, and patches in the context of specific environments.
- Conduct proactive research to analyze security weaknesses and recommend appropriate strategies.
- Implement automation scripts for health checks, alerts, and log reviews.
- Assist in the incident management process during infrastructure security incidents as SME.
- Recommend Infrastructure security issues and educate on security best practices.
- Implement security solutions that enhance protection and minimize vulnerabilities.
- Manage the daily operation and implementation of security strategy.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest intelligence, including hacker methodologies, in order to anticipate security breaches.
- Communicate complex security issues to team members in an understandable and actionable manner.
- Collaborate with different departments to ensure system and cloud, office, remote security operational status.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in infrastructure security, specifically in multi-cloud environments (Azure, AWS, GCP).
- Extensive experience with Python and Terraform.
- Strong knowledge of DevOps principles, processes, and tools.
- Proven experience in endpoint security, network security, and IT.
- Experience with security technologies such as enterprise email security products, Google Workspace, VPN technology, and MDM.
- Knowledge of cloud-native technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, and serverless architecture.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Certifications like CISSP, CISM, CCSP, or other relevant certifications are highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Cyber Security, or related field is required. Advanced degree is a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or CompTIA Security+ are highly desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of network security architecture, network access controls, and secure network protocols.
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) and their security concepts.
- Proficient in scripting languages such as Python, Bash, or PowerShell.
- Experience with firewall administration, incident response, risk management, and vulnerability assessments.
- Familiarity with SOC-2, ISO 27001 and/or NIST security frameworks.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with DevSecOps and implementing security in CI/CD pipelines.
- Proficiency in managing large scale enterprise tools such as SIEM, IDS/IPS, endpoint protection, DLP, etc.
- Familiarity with privacy laws, data protection, and GDPR compliance.
The talent and dedication of our employees are at the core of DataRobot’s journey to be an iconic company. We strive to attract and retain the best talent by providing competitive pay and benefits with our employees’ well-being at the core. Here’s what your benefits package may include depending on your location and local legal requirements: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Flexible Time Off Program, Paid Holidays, Paid Parental Leave, Global Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and more!
Our Core Values:
- Be You - We are co-contributors to our culture committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and a sense of belonging throughout our global community. We value each person as their authentic self and welcome honest and respectful dialogue as an avenue to greatness.
- Dream Big - We don’t settle for the status quo. We always pursue the development of the next version of ourselves. We believe investment in the growth and resilience of our people is the foundation of building an iconic company.
- Be Data-Driven - We believe data-driven decision making enables innovation and execution at velocity while ensuring repeatable success. We take on the toughest challenges as we transform the world with our platform and AI.
- Better Together - We celebrate success and learn from failure as one team. We foster an aligned, collaboration-first workplace by building trust through transparency, integrity and accountability.
- Champion Customers - We empower our customers and our communities by shaping the future of trusted, augmented intelligence in order to solve their most difficult problems. We are humble, not complacent. We succeed when they succeed.
Research shows that many women only apply to jobs when they meet 100% of the qualifications while many men apply to jobs when they meet 60%. At DataRobot we encourage ALL candidates, especially women, people of color, LGBTQ+ identifying people, differently abled, and other people from marginalized groups to apply to our jobs, even if you do not check every box. We’d love to have a conversation with you and see if you might be a great fit.
All U.S. DataRobot employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If there is a medical, religious, or other legally protected reason that prevents you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have a process in place to evaluate requests for accommodation.
DataRobot is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. DataRobot is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.