Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2023
Our mission is to cure cancer through high performance, accessible early cancer detection. That means saving lives.
Delfi Diagnostics is a Johns Hopkins spinoff focused on the non-invasive detection of cancer at earlier stages, when it is most curable. DELFI uses artificial intelligence and whole genome sequencing to detect unique patterns of DNA fragmentation in the blood of patients with cancer. These analyses are performed through simultaneous examination of millions of DNA sequences using machine learning to identify tumor-specific abnormalities.
In our passionate pursuit to radically improve health outcomes, we serve humanity when we:
Lead with Science, Anchor in Pragmatism: We pioneer life-changing science by ensuring quality, transparency, and rigor at all times. We explore thoughtfully, experiment smartly, and deliver impact with conviction.
Build With & For All: We embrace diverse backgrounds to innovate and achieve together. We are not just building a product - we aim to disrupt the path of cancer for all - no matter geography or socioeconomic class
Put We over I: We are a home for high-performing people. Through teamwork, we build collective intelligence. Each of us wins when those we serve and those who serve with us--win. We show up with empathy, humility, and integrity at every step of the journey.
The Senior Accountant will report to the Corporate Controller, and is a key contributor to support accounting operations and prepare other ad hoc analysis. This position is responsible for performing general accounting, account payables or payroll related tasks, and work with cross-functional teams, support projects, and implement process improvements in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do
- Support and adhere to a monthly close schedule by preparing accurate journal entries and completing reconciliation and analyses for various accounts timely
- Assist with monthly management financial packages (with analysis) and other management reports as requested (this includes understanding and clearly articulating the financial results of the company and preparing balance sheet, income statement fluctuation)
- Able to prepare, review and process payroll transactions
- Assist with all accounting operations including account payable, billing, payroll, etc.
- Develop, implement and improve accounting processes and procedures
- Coordinate with external auditors and provide required audit support
- Prepare and support tax PBC request in various area (including federal, state and tax provision for audit requirement)
- Work with cross-functional teams across the company to ensure proper support for the business unit
- Work on ad-hoc request as needed and directed by management
What you’ll bring to DELFI
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related area
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in accounting, with track record of growing responsibilities
- Proven analytical and project management skills
- Team player who can work/interact with various departments and levels on a daily basis, including senior management
- Excellent analytic, written, verbal and organizational skills with a proven ability to manage conflicting priorities to deliver a high-quality work product required
- Highly self-motivated individual who is disciplined, detail-oriented, and works well under pressure in a fast paced deadline-oriented environment required
- Experience with clinical trial accounting is preferred
- Experience with NetSuite is preferred
- ADP Workforce Now experience is a plus
- Advanced Excel and Google Suite of products (Sheets, Docs, Slides) is a plus
- Experience in Diagnostic or Life Science industries is preferred
An equal opportunity employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.