Medical Science Liaison
Posted on Saturday, September 2, 2023
Our mission is to cure cancer through high performance, accessible early cancer detection. That means saving lives.
Delfi Diagnostics is a Johns Hopkins spinoff focused on the non-invasive detection of cancer at earlier stages, when it is most curable. DELFI uses artificial intelligence and whole genome sequencing to detect unique patterns of DNA fragmentation in the blood of patients with cancer. These analyses are performed through simultaneous examination of millions of DNA sequences using machine learning to identify tumor-specific abnormalities.
In our passionate pursuit to radically improve health outcomes, we serve humanity when we:
Lead with Science, Anchor in Pragmatism: We pioneer life-changing science by ensuring quality, transparency, and rigor at all times. We explore thoughtfully, experiment smartly, and deliver impact with conviction.
Build With & For All: We embrace diverse backgrounds to innovate and achieve together. We are not just building a product - we aim to disrupt the path of cancer for all - no matter geography or socioeconomic class
Put We over I: We are a home for high-performing people. Through teamwork, we build collective intelligence. Each of us wins when those we serve and those who serve with us--win. We show up with empathy, humility, and integrity at every step of the journey.
The MSL/Sr. MSL serves as a versatile team member, collaborating with various internal stakeholders to diligently execute tactics that contribute to achieving strategic objectives. In this role, your contributions will be instrumental in ensuring the smooth execution of project milestones, coordination of activities, and effective management of cross-functional initiatives. This role includes collaborating closely with team leaders, facilitating sound decision-making by providing clinical input and fostering seamless communication with the broader medical affairs team. This role is meant for a highly motivated and proactive individual who is driven by a shared mission and vision, with a focus on creating meaningful impact and solving real-world problems. Communication and collaboration are essential for this position, along with impeccable organization and attention to detail.
What You'll Do
- Create and drive project timelines to maintain project(s) and studies on schedule.
- Schedule and organize project team meetings, preparing agendas and minutes while tracking action items and escalating risks.
- Identify, develop, and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with key academic and community physicians and Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) to promote understanding and adoption of DELFI's novel diagnostic technologies.
- Identify and support opportunities for collaboration on strategic research projects that demonstrate the clinical utility of DELFI's products.
- Facilitate meetings and scientific opportunities that establish and reinforce relationships with KOLs and other influential physicians.
- Function as a clinical resource for the Commercial team, actively participating in medical updates, scientific presentations, and meetings as required.
- Identify and position KOLs for presentations at scientific forums, including national and regional specialty society meetings, grand rounds, and continuing medical education (CME) events at targeted institutions.
- Facilitate opportunities for collaboration with KOLs, including advisory roles, public health events, and scientific forums.
- Deliver scientific presentations and engage in scientific discussions with healthcare professionals, KOLs, and other stakeholders. Deliver medical education programs, provide clinical trial support, and respond to medical inquiries related to the company's products.
- Build strong relationships with KOLs, academic institutions, and healthcare organizations. Identify and engage with key influencers in the medical community to gather insights, collaborate on research, and seek expert advice to support the company's scientific objectives.
- Provide scientific and clinical support for clinical trials, protocol development, and investigator education. Collaborate with clinical operations teams to ensure effective execution of trials and adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Provide scientific and clinical input to develop educational materials and promotional activities.
What you’ll bring to DELFI
- Advanced degree in a life sciences field (e.g., PharmD, MD/DO, PhD, DNP, ARNP, PA)
- Minimum of 3+ years working as a Medical Science Liaison or similar externally facing role within Medical Affairs.
- Strong preference for candidates with product launch experience.
- Proficiency in early cancer detection, liquid biomarkers, and areas relevant to the company's products.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively engage with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to critically analyze scientific and clinical data and translate it into meaningful insights for various audiences.
- Strong networking and relationship-building skills, with the ability to establish credibility and influence key stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple projects effectively.
- Understand regulatory guidelines, including USPSTF, NCCN, and other disease-specific guidelines.
- Willingness to travel regularly (60 %) to attend scientific conferences, support research sites, company meetings, and engage with healthcare professionals.
- Must be proficient with google suite products.
An equal opportunity employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.