Senior Software Engineer, .NET
Founded in 2017, Dutchie is a comprehensive technology platform powering dispensary operations, while providing consumers with safe and easy access to cannabis. Dutchie aims to further support the positive societal change the cannabis industry brings to the world through wellness benefits, social justice, and empowering local communities through tax revenue. Powering thousands of dispensaries across 40+ markets throughout the United States and Canada, Dutchie is the leading technology company in the cannabis space and was named in Fast Company’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in North America and listed two years in a row on LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups.
Dutchie has raised over $600M in funding to date, backed by D1 Capital Partners, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DFJ Growth, Thrive Capital, Howard Schultz, Snoop Dogg’s Casa Verde Capital, Gron Ventures, members of the founding team at DoorDash, Kevin Durant’s Thirty Five Ventures, and other notable angel investors.
About This Job
Due to our rapid growth, we are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join our team. You will join at the ground level and work with us on virtually all aspects of the current and future product development. You'll work directly with the founding team daily and take part in core tech and architecture-related decisions. You will help us build the foundation of this company - its culture, processes, and practices.
What You'll Do...
- Development of mission-critical back-end services, including API integrations with third-party platforms and core consumer APIs
- Development of core applications in .NET, TypeScript, SQL Server, and React within high-scale, distributed systems
- Work closely with our Product team in designing and developing customer-facing features
What You Bring...
- Deep understanding of backend server languages (C#/Ruby/Node/Python/etc.) and general software best practices
- Experience with C#, relational and non-relational databases, and working in distributed systems
- You have experience designing and extending scalable data models and the data stores they depend on
- You take pride in the code you write - it's clean, tested, organized, and elegant
- Self-starter - you're proactive and can start projects and tasks without constant direction
- Quick learner - you pick up new frameworks and technologies quickly
- Great communication skills
- You want to work in an agile environment - we move quickly and ship code often
- You enjoy your time working, but you enjoy your time outside of work too
- Experience with testing and monitoring frameworks
It's a bonus if you...
- Have built front-end technology in the e-commerce or similar space
- Have deep experience with third-party integrations
- Love using bleeding-edge technology
- Contribute regularly to open-source projects
In addition to cash compensation, our total rewards package includes:
- Full medical benefits including dental and vision plans to ensure you always have the best care.
- Equity packages in the form of stock options to all employees.
- Technology (hardware, software, reading materials, etc..) allowance
- Flexible vacation and sick days
At Dutchie, we’re committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Dutchie believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.