Payments Compliance Analyst
Founded in 2017, Dutchie is a comprehensive technology platform powering dispensary operations, while providing consumers with safe and easy access to cannabis. Dutchie aims to further support the positive societal change the cannabis industry brings to the world through wellness benefits, social justice, and empowering local communities through tax revenue. Powering thousands of dispensaries across 40+ markets throughout the United States and Canada, Dutchie is the leading technology company in the cannabis space and was named in Fast Company’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in North America and listed two years in a row on LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups.
Dutchie has raised over $600M in funding to date, backed by D1 Capital Partners, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DFJ Growth, Thrive Capital, Howard Schultz, Snoop Dogg’s Casa Verde Capital, Gron Ventures, members of the founding team at DoorDash, Kevin Durant’s Thirty Five Ventures, and other notable angel investors.
About This Job
Dutchie is looking for a Compliance onboarding Analyst to assist with mitigating risks to Dutchie as they relate to Money Laundering/Terrorist Financing, Fraud, and Sanctions. This particular role will be focussed on the onboarding of new clients which will involve CDD checks, AML and adverse media screening, ownership structure reviews, and occasional compliance audits. This individual will work closely with our sales and implementation teams and associated third-party vendors. This is a quickly growing team, so we’re looking for someone who can collaborate cross-functionally and jump in as needed to manage multiple priorities. As such, a successful and motivated candidate will have plenty of room for career growth.
What You'll Do...
- Reviewing client profiles at onboarding to ensure conformity to minimum AML/KYC policy/ standards, producing client document requirements and due diligence analysis
- Coordinating information gathering with the applicant, other departments, and outside vendors required for complete analysis
- Engaging with internal and external clients to help facilitate the onboarding and ongoing client maintenance processes
- Reviewing bank agreements, legal documents, and other paperwork for completeness and accuracy.
- Assisting in the creation of Client Onboarding Desktop Procedures to ensure that the onboarding/client maintenance process is documented, transparent, consistent, sustainable, and effective.
- Monitoring, researching, analyzing, and addressing all essential compliance activities including but not limited to drilling down on beneficial ownership for clients, identifying politically exposed (PEP) individuals, negative media, and sanctions issues
- Performing periodic reviews on existing clients including reviewing them against sanctions, negative news, and licenses updates
- Assist with reviewing fraud queues for suspicious activity and account creation; unblocking consumer accounts when fraud is not determined and provide insight on fraud prevention rules
- Additional Payments team assistance as needed with cross-functional teams such as Risk, Onboarding, and Support.
What You Bring...
- 2+ years of experience in client onboarding or associated business processes
- Solid knowledge of US PATRIOT Act, BSA / AML requirements (e.g. CIP requirements; the difference between CDD and EDD).
- Experience in due diligence operations and onboarding applications/systems.
- Ability to coordinate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Strong sense of teamwork while working independently
- Operate independently with little supervision on a day-to-day basis
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
Cash compensation range: $64,000 - $86,000 USD annually
In addition to cash compensation, our total rewards package includes:
- Full medical benefits including dental and vision plans to ensure you always have the best care.
- Equity packages in the form of stock options to all employees.
- Technology (hardware, software, reading materials, etc..) allowance
- Flexible vacation and sick days
At Dutchie, we’re committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Dutchie believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.