Founded in 2017, Dutchie is a comprehensive technology platform powering dispensary operations, while providing consumers with safe and easy access to cannabis. Dutchie aims to further support the positive societal change the cannabis industry brings to the world through wellness benefits, social justice, and empowering local communities through tax revenue. Powering thousands of dispensaries across 40+ markets throughout the United States and Canada, Dutchie is the leading technology company in the cannabis space and was named in Fast Company’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in North America and listed two years in a row on LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups.
Dutchie has raised over $600M in funding to date, backed by D1 Capital Partners, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DFJ Growth, Thrive Capital, Howard Schultz, Snoop Dogg’s Casa Verde Capital, Gron Ventures, members of the founding team at DoorDash, Kevin Durant’s Thirty Five Ventures, and other notable angel investors.
About This Job
We are looking for an experienced leader who has built and led product engineering teams to lead our Engineering organization. In this role, you will partner with product and engineering leaders across the organization to align product priorities. You will build a high-performance engineering culture within the team and hold a high bar for quality and delivery.
What You'll Do...
- Drive the vision, strategy, and execution for the Product Engineering team
- Directly manage a team of Senior Managers, Managers, and Senior Technical Staff
- Build and foster a culture of psychological safety, high quality, performance, and delivery
- Look at new product initiatives through a platform lens, ensuring the platform is able to support future plans and growth
- Partner with Engineering leadership team and cross-functional teams on initiatives such as hiring planning, career development, and more
What You Bring...
- 6+ years of experience as an engineering leader
- Experience managing an organization of 30+ engineers, with extensive experience managing and developing managers
- Experience leading a product-focused organization
- Technical background with ability to dive deep into planning and design discussions focused on future product needs
It's a bonus if you...
- Have experience using our technologies: Ruby on Rails, or React
- Have experience building E-commerce products
We are targeting a starting salary of $220,000 based on the intended level for this role. There may be flexibility on individual compensation packages based candidate skillet, experience, qualifications and other position-related factors
In addition to cash compensation, our total rewards package includes:
- Full medical benefits including dental and vision plans to ensure you always have the best care.
- Equity packages in the form of stock options to all employees.
- Technology (hardware, software, reading materials, etc..) allowance
- Flexible vacation and sick days
At Dutchie, we’re committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Dutchie believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.