Software Engineering Manager - Embedded
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
As the Software Engineering Manager, you will manage at least 7 software engineers to start, and grow the team over time. The Software Engineering Manager will be involved in a wide range of C++ projects, including UI and IoT to motion planning. The role covers software that runs on Formlabs printers, and leading the team that is developing our new 3D printer software stack.
- Manage a team of 7+ software engineers working on a wide range of C++ projects
- Key contributor to software architecture decisions on new products for both R&D and production development
- Work closely with software and hardware product managers and 3D printing R&D teams to guarantee the delivery of new algorithms, features, and 3D printers
- Full responsibility for hiring, growing, and retaining great talent
- Ready to collaborate with a wide range of technical disciplines, including Software, Hardware, and Design teams
- Have experience as a manager and technical leader of at least one group of five or more software engineers
- Experience with C++ software design, ideally as an architect and manager
- Comfortable managing risk and making meaningful decisions for your organization
- An excellent software engineer who has shown they are also successful as a manager and leader
- Desire to grow the skills and fully leverage the talent of the team you manage
- Able to drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Track record of managing teams who develop a high volume of new features
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.