Strategy and Operations Specialist
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The Customer Fulfillment team is responsible for ensuring that our products get from production to our customers in the most efficient and customer friendly way possible. We have three teams on three continents and own a global logistics network that is a crucial part of Formlabs. Your role will be to further develop our distribution arm, ensuring a positive customer order fulfillment process.
If you have a passion for operations, data, problem solving, and working in a fast-paced environment, we want you to join us as our Strategy and Operations Specialist. This role is based in our Somerville, MA, office (located in the Boston metro area) with a hybrid working schedule.
- Create thoughtful, reasonable, and easy to understand analyses in order to inform business decisions
- Identify gaps in information or insights needed, and develop and maintain dashboards, metrics, and data sources to close those gaps, ensuring that they providing meaningful information and are kept up to date
- Be a data and insight enabler to the entire Global Customer Fulfillment team - collaborating with the the team so that they have access to timely and accurate information and that it is being used consistently across the organization
- Support the implementation of Customer Fulfillment strategic initiatives, working with the Global Head of Fulfillment, the regional fulfillment teams, and internal or external stakeholders and partners
- This role reports to the Global Head of Fulfillment
- 3+ years of experience in a high performing logistics or supply chain company/environment, consulting, investment banking, or a high growth startup
- Ability to utilize both business knowledge/intuition and data analytics best practices
- Ability to create thoughtful, reasonable, and easy to understand business analyses in a short period of time in order to inform business decisions
- Able to work independently to create and validate data sources and metrics, ensuring broad team acceptance and understanding of the sources and metrics
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to use structured thinking to independently develop an approach to solving problems and execute on the solution
- Strong proficiency in G Suite, Excel, and database usage
- Understand freight shipping and logistics or be able to learn quickly
- Ability to work with cross-functional and global teams to get results
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable multitasking and managing competing priorities - can complete work to deadlines
- Work well under pressure and willing to ask questions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills and experience
- Familiarity with enterprise resource planning systems
- Familiarity with SQL or other more advanced data skills
- Experience in finance and/or accounting
- Experience with logistics or freight shipping
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.