Print Optimization Engineer
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our print settings are what brings Formlabs’ innovations in materials, hardware, software and print processes to life for our users. We are a collaborative, diverse team passionate about continuously improving the performance of our settings in order to deliver the best print performance and user experience in the industry. As a Print Optimization Engineer, you will contribute to this by developing unique test techniques, designing and executing experiments, developing tools for data analysis, and facilitating the release of settings into the market. You will collaborate closely with several R&D and engineering teams to deeply understand the interaction of the technologies as well as product and marketing teams to incorporate user behaviors into your processes. Your new and improved settings will be released directly to users where the impact will be immediate and measurable.
If you’re excited about process optimization, solving multi-disciplinary challenges and direct customer impacts in a fast-paced, creative environment, we want you as a Print Optimization Engineer!
- Push the capabilities of our printers and materials. Optimize settings to achieve the best performances and properties.
- Develop and own process optimization to improve user experience across materials portfolio and printers.
- Work across internal teams to implement improvements and release new and updated settings.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot print setting-related challenges, provide setting guidance to internal teams, and decide on setting updates to improve print and/or material performance.
- Have experience with process optimization, experimental design and data analysis
- Have a strong sense of ownership with great attention to details and quality
- Strive to maximize customer values
- Are hands-on and willing to cross discipline boundaries to solve a problem
- Can work autonomously and take initiatives to learn new skills to complete an objective
- Understand programming and scientific computing, ideally Python
- Familiar with mechanical design and CAD modeling
- B.S., M.S., or PhD in an engineering discipline (all are welcome)
- Understand material properties and characterization
- Participated in the release of a new product
- Experience with additive manufacturing
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.