Senior Algorithms Engineer
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our Software team continues to develop one of the most powerful and intuitive desktop print applications on the market: PreForm. Fine-tuning the geometry of models in space is one of the most complex challenges our Software Team tackles -- such as: Path planning and tool path generation, motor control for the printer, print success estimation (failure mode detection, typically using FEA/FEM, computational fluid dynamics, etc.), geometry (mesh slicing, polygon arithmetic, mesh repair and generation), support structure generation, printer/desktop communication, and dynamic, real-time print failure detection (computer vision, machine learning).
If you are a talented engineer who is excited to dive into with 3D geometric algorithms and other challenging problems, we want you to join the Desktop Software Team as an Algorithms Engineer.
- Develop world class desktop 3D printer software with a focus on geometric algorithms
- Work with R&D teams to integrate newly researched features into the production PreForm codebase
- Ship value-generating features to tens of thousands of users by implementing and optimizing a wide range of complex algorithms
- Work with Product Management teams to define long-term feature roadmap
- Ready to collaborate with a wide range of technical disciplines, including Software, Hardware, and Design teams
- Experienced in C++ object oriented design and development
- Excited to study computer science journal articles to supplement algorithm development
- Experience developing 3D graphics or computational geometry
- Experience with solid mechanics or FEM
- Experience with image processing
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.