Data Operations Associate
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology and data cloud platform, dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces and physical places. Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, and achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquare’s location tech stack is being utilized by our mobile apps CityGuide and Swarm, as well as the world’s largest enterprises and most recognizable brands, like Amazon, Microsoft, Samsung, Spotify, Uber, Airbnb and others.
Foursquare’s flexible building blocks include technology to maximize marketing impact and drive incremental real-world engagement (Attribution, Audience, Proximity, SDK); data to deeply understand points of interest and real-world behavior patterns (Places and Visits), and tools to conduct advanced analysis, data enrichment, unification and visualization (Studio).
About the team:
A team of Data Operations Associates is working with the Client Success team to provide support for any emerging issues they might have. Customer Operations Associates are proactive, highly independent, organized, open to learning, good at understanding and applying new information, and excited about new challenges.
About the Role:
The role of the Customer Operations Associate is to ensure that questions and issues raised by customers of FSQ’s Marketers Products through our Client Success teams are understood, root causes are identified, and tickets are resolved directly or through collaboration w/ other teams (primarily Engineering). This is a technical role that requires both comprehensive feature-level as well as working technical/architecture-level knowledge of FSQ’s Marketers products.
In this role, you’ll:
You will primarily support Product Operations and will be responsible for providing technical support for all FSQ standard product offerings including:
- Data cleanup, matching, providing metrics, and other small tasks (where feasible)
- Troubleshooting, with guidance on resolution/workarounds and escalating as needed
- Ensure Operations and Customer Success team members are kept up-to-date
- Client technical guidance on integrating with standard products, as needed by GTM
- At least 2 years of Customer Support and 1 year of Technical Support
- Experience with SQL, Bash, Python
- A customer-centric personality who has the desire to provide excellent customer service through actioning requests quickly and excellent communication (both verbal and written)
- Desire to share knowledge and collaborate w/ team members and cross-functional partners
- Ability to document training and self-service-type resources such as how-to guides, process docs, etc. to enable internal parties to be more self-sufficient
- Advanced written and spoken level of English to effectively communicate across teams
- Working experience in startups as well as big companies
- AWS certification is considered a plus
Benefits and perks:
- We are a fully flexible company that allows you to work from any location in Serbia or from our Belgrade office
- 25 days of paid vacation
- Private medical insurance
- Education stipend
- Home Office Setup, you get all the necessary hardware
- Summer Fridays, two non-working Fridays each July and August
- Learning and development programs
- Professional coaching
- Restricted Stock Units
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we encourage and welcome you to still apply!
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Something looks off?