Business Analytics Senior Associate
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology and data cloud platform dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces and physical places. Foursquare’s flexible building blocks include technology to maximize marketing impact and drive incremental real-world engagement (Attribution, Audience, Proximity, SDK); data to deeply understand points of interest and real-world behavior patterns (Places), and tools to conduct advanced analysis, data enrichment, unification and visualization (Studio). Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, and achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquare’s location tech stack is being utilized by the world’s largest enterprises and most recognizable brands.
About the Position:
As the Sr. Business Analytics Associate, you will play a critical role in providing data-driven analysis and measurement to and help shaping the success of the Go-to-Market, and Finance and Operations organizations. This role will report to the Sr. Director of Business Analytics and will assist in the designing, evaluating and shaping of the company’s business strategy to create impactful outcomes, as well as setting, measuring and reporting on the company’s goals to internal and external stakeholders. This role must leverage both internal data and market intelligence to make smarter decisions to optimize for revenue growth and other target metrics. You will need to project manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and be able to work independently across different teams. You will be responsible for distilling and simplifying large and complex problems, working through large data sets, and presenting your findings clearly and concisely to a broad executive audience.
In this role, you'll:
- Assist in the development and implementation goals, tracking of attainment against targets, and reporting of various team’s and company’s overall performance
- Generate analyses in support of leaders in our Finance, Product, Marketing, and GTM organizations to help define strategies for new offerings, optimize the company’s existing product catalog, ensuring delivery towards company’s growth goals
- Partner with Business Operations and Finance teams to build and maintain dashboards to provide visibility on the company performance and activity
- Be proactive with hypothesis-driven analyses that will uncover and prioritize pockets of growth within existing Business Units
- Evaluate data to generate business insights across the company, quantify potential P&L impacts, and perform sensitivity analyses to drive agile business decisions
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 3-5+ years of work experience in Management Consulting, FP&A, Investment Banking, Sales and Business operations, or Corporate Strategy
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and Google Sheets
- Excellent data analytics skills and strong business acumen is a must, with a proven ability to leverage complex datasets to refine and answer significant strategic questions
- Proven track record of problem solving and analytical skills, project management skills and effectively working with cross-functional teams including Product, Finance, Sales, Legal
- Highly organized with ability to balance multiple projects and priorities and effectively communicate goals and objectives
- Great attention to detail, self-motivated, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we encourage and welcome you to still apply!
Nice to have:
- Fluency in relevant corporate finance, financial operations, and accounting concepts - i.e Quote-to-cash, revenue recognition rules, goal setting etc.
- Experience working in depth with a wide array of BI tools, CRM systems, ERP tools a plus
Benefits and Perks
- Fully Flexible Workplace - work from home, one of our offices or a combination of the two!
- Unlimited PTO - rest and recharge when you need it!
- Industry Leading Healthcare - comprehensive and competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- Savings and Investments - 401(k) with company match
- Home Office Setup - you get all necessary hardware and internet reimbursement
- Family Planning and Fertility Programs - programs via Carrot and Maven
- Employee Resource Groups - to help you stay connected
Things to know…
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Foursquare, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry and market standards. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, and specific office location.
Salary is just one component of Foursquare’s total compensation package, which includes restricted stock units, multiple health insurance options, and a wide range of benefits!
Something looks off?