Credit & Collections Analyst
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology and data cloud platform, dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces and physical places. Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, and achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquare’s location tech stack is being utilized by our mobile apps CityGuide and Swarm, as well as the world’s largest enterprises and most recognizable brands, like Amazon, Microsoft, Samsung, Spotify, Uber, Airbnb and others.
Foursquare’s flexible building blocks include technology to maximize marketing impact and drive incremental real-world engagement (Attribution, Audience, Proximity, SDK); data to deeply understand points of interest and real-world behavior patterns (Places and Visits), and tools to conduct advanced analysis, data enrichment, unification and visualization (Studio).
About the Role:
Opportunity to join a growing Finance organization. This position reports to the Accounts Receivable Manager and will also work closely with Finance and Sales departments.
As a Credit & Collections Analyst, you will assist with credit and collections operations. You will be responsible for collections of outstanding accounts receivable balances from the existing client base and all other aspects of collections, resolving customer billing problems and reducing accounts receivable delinquency. This individual will have the opportunity to be a key player in the Billing Team. Candidates are expected to have a strong attention to detail; demonstrated problem solving skills; and the ability to thrive in fast paced environments and work independently.
In this role, you’ll:
- Assist in managing day-to-day collections operations for assigned accounts
- Documenting daily collections activity
- Cash application
- Issue account statements to customers
- Proactively inform sales members of problem orders and accounts, enlist their efforts, when necessary, to accelerate the collection process
- Promptly respond to customer inquiries regarding past due balances
- Research account disputes and billing discrepancies
- Research and monitor unapplied payments; responsible for processing client refunds when applicable
- Perform credit analysis to determine credit holds and credit limit recommendations
- Determine proper escalation procedure for delinquent accounts
- Work with collection agencies and legal counsels, as necessary, to reconcile delinquent accounts
- Prepare and present reports on collection activities and progress
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we encourage and welcome you to still apply!
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred, but not required
- 1 - 2 years prior collections experience
- Must have attention to detail with an eye for accuracy
- Strong communication and problem solving
- Strong Excel analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast-changing environment
- Knowledge and proficiency with Netsuite preferred
- Knowledge and proficiency with Salesforce, or other CRM system preferred
Perks and benefits:
- We are a fully flexible company that allows you to work from any location in Serbia or from our Belgrade office
- 25 days of paid vacation
- Private medical insurance
- Education stipend
- Home Office Setup, you get all the necessary hardware
- Summer Fridays, two non-working Fridays each July and August
- Learning and development programs
- Professional coaching
- Restricted Stock Units
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Something looks off?