Junior Infrastructure Engineer
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology and data cloud platform, dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces and physical places. Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, and achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquare’s location tech stack is being utilized by our mobile apps CityGuide and Swarm, as well as the world’s largest enterprises and most recognizable brands, like Amazon, Microsoft, Samsung, Spotify, Uber, Airbnb and others.
Foursquare’s flexible building blocks include technology to maximize marketing impact and drive incremental real-world engagement (Attribution, Audience, Proximity, SDK); data to deeply understand points of interest and real-world behavior patterns (Places and Visits), and tools to conduct advanced analysis, data enrichment, unification and visualization (Studio).
About the Team:
We're a technical group of people working in a relaxed environment with various demanding infrastructure needs with a high standard of careful, detail-oriented, responsive professionalism.
We manage a multi-million dollar AWS infrastructure. We heavily use and contribute to open source systems and aggressively build, adopt, and deploy new technologies and capabilities.
About the Position:
This is a great opportunity to manage serious infrastructure that is servicing large volumes of data and traffic, work with a large and outstanding engineering team, and employ state-of-the-art tools and techniques. We are currently looking for an Infrastructure Engineer.
In this role, you’ll:
- Evaluate and implement technologies that improve efficiency, performance and reliability
- Develop and deliver creative solutions that enable engineering teams
- Build reliable systems at scale
- Support and enable engineering teams at Foursquare
- Drive improvements in capacity, reliability, availability and performance of core systems
- Participate in on-call rotation duties
What you’ll need:
- Experience with *NIX & shell scripting
- Ability to write code in Ruby/Python/Go/Perl or similar to solve automation/glue problems and develop effective tooling
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code techniques and practices including TerraForm, CDK
- Understanding of containers and container orchestration systems like Kubernetes, Mesos and others
- Knowledge of at least one configuration management system (Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Salt)
- Understanding of modern observability/monitoring systems
- Experience with at least one cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals, TCP/IP and related services
- Exposure to big data and data pipelines is a plus, particularly with the Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience with CI/CD systems with appropriate automation and abstraction is a plus
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we encourage and welcome you to still apply!
Benefits and Perks:
- We are a fully flexible company that allows you to work from any location in Serbia or from our Belgrade office
- 25 days of paid vacation
- Private medical insurance
- Education stipend
- Home Office Setup, you get all the necessary hardware
- Summer Fridays, two non-working Fridays each July and August
- Learning and development programs
- Professional coaching
- Restricted Stock Units
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Something looks off?