Foursquare is the leading independent location technology and data cloud platform dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces and physical places. Foursquare’s flexible building blocks include technology to maximize marketing impact and drive incremental real-world engagement (Attribution, Audience, Proximity, SDK); data to deeply understand points of interest and real-world behavior patterns (Places and Visits), and tools to conduct advanced analysis, data enrichment, unification and visualization (Studio). Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, and achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquare’s location tech stack is being utilized by the world’s largest enterprises and most recognizable brands.
About This Position
Opportunity to join a growing Finance organization - this position reports to the Controller, and will also work closely with FP&A and Billing teams, as well as cross functionally with all other departments.
As the Manager, Accounting, you will manage a team of two. You and your team are responsible for the monthly close process plus accounts payable and expense management, cash applications, financial reporting, facilitating the financial statement audit, and other ad-hoc projects. This individual will have the opportunity to be a key player on the overall Finance Team.
In this role, you’ll:
- Manage the general ledger accounting team (currently two people)
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the accounting department, including accounts payable, general ledger, and financial reporting
- Own the month-end close process and related activities to ensure complete and accurate financials, including managing/reviewing close activities such as journal entries and account reconciliations within the established close timeline
- Assisting in managing the preparation of financial reporting information and analysis for internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the accounts payable and employee expense processes
- Partner with other departments to understand and support business processes, ensure proper accounting, and resolve reconciling differences
- Work closely with FP&A to deliver budget vs actual reports to different departments
- Manage foreign subsidiaries’ intercompany transactions (UK, Serbia and Singapore)
- Assist and work with external auditors with both US and Singapore audits
- Other ad-hoc accounting tasks, as directed by management
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting is required
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- CPA strongly preferred
- Big 4 experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Google Suite, experience with NetSuite or Coupa is a plus
- Possess a continuous improvement mindset, a developed sense of urgency, and hold yourself and others to a high standard
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively cross departmentally, strong interpersonal skills, strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we encourage and welcome you to still apply!
Benefits and Perks
- Fully Flexible Workplace - work from home, one of our offices or a combination of the two!
- Unlimited PTO - rest and recharge when you need it!
- Industry Leading Healthcare - comprehensive and competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- Savings and Investments - 401(k) with company match
- Home Office Setup - you get all necessary hardware and internet reimbursement
- Family Planning and Fertility Programs - programs via Carrot and Maven
- Employee Resource Groups - to help you stay connected
Things to know…
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Foursquare, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry and market standards. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, and specific office location.
Salary is just one component of Foursquare’s total compensation package, which includes restricted stock units, multiple health insurance options, and a wide range of benefits!
Something looks off?