Foursquare is the leading independent location technology and data cloud platform dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces and physical places. Foursquare’s flexible building blocks include technology to maximize marketing impact and drive incremental real-world engagement (Attribution, Audience, Proximity, SDK); data to deeply understand points of interest and real-world behavior patterns (Places), and tools to conduct advanced analysis, data enrichment, unification and visualization (Studio). Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, and achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquare’s location tech stack is being utilized by the world’s largest enterprises and most recognizable brands.
About the Position
As our Foursquare Marketer Sales team continues to expand, we’re seeking a sales-driven, experienced Account Manager, Marketer to engage with our Advertiser clients. The Account Manager creates, identifies, qualifies and manages retention and upsell opportunities for our Marketers suite of products. They own the commercial relationship with existing clients, partnering with Customer Success who onboard customers and provide ongoing technical management for campaigns.
As an Account Manager, you’ll ensure clients achieve their desired future scenarios and positive business outcomes from our Attribution and Targeting suite of products. You’ll play a key role in driving revenue growth by doing continuous discovery, ensuring our customers are getting value from our offerings, and strategizing with them on how to achieve their business outcomes.
You’ll run the commercial processes for renewals and upsell opportunities based on the account strategy you will have developed in collaboration with Sales and CS and identify cross-sell opportunities for Sales to engage on. The commercial aspects of this role include revenue forecasting, building champions, getting economic buyers involved, and running quarterly business reviews (QBRs) with clients.
The ideal candidate will have experience in account management working with key clients in the ad tech space. Familiarity with ad agencies, publishers, and the ad tech space is essential in this role. You should understand how programmatic buys, social media advertising, and ad campaigns are bought and run. Your goal will be to ensure advertising agencies and the brands they serve are getting maximum value from our offerings in every campaign.
In this role, you’ll
- Partner closely with your counterpart on the CS team to build and execute detailed account plans
- Own the full renewal and upsell cycle (discovery, alignment, negotiations, & forecasting) within your book of business
- Influence the prospect’s required capabilities to align with our solutions.
- Work cross-functionally with CS, Ops, Product, and Engineering team members to address client escalations and position Foursquare as a leader of thoughts in the space
- Grow the breadth and depth of our customer relationships through effective multi-threading
- Uncover new opportunities within key accounts that are a good fit for Foursquare and introduce products and capabilities that are relevant to the client’s desired outcomes and future scenarios
- Run monthly syncs and QBRs that truly provide value to our clients
- Respond to RFIs/RFPs as needed, present customer stories, proof points, and proposals.
- Use our value selling methodology to effectively understand customer goals and requirements and communicate the value of our solutions.
- Provide customer and market feedback on product/services roadmaps, messaging, and positioning.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Sales, Business, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience, ideally at a technology-focused advertising company, in client management and digital campaign delivery or as an Account Manager, Account Executive or in a Customer Success role with commercial responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, discovery, and presentation skills.
- Industry expertise in ad tech, with mastery of the landscape, terminology, and excellence in client services.
- Ruthlessly prioritization of work activities across your book of business in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to consistently apply a sales methodology such as Command of the Message, Sandler, Challenger, or Corporate Visions is preferred.
- Experience working with ad agencies, DSPs, and the online advertising industry and strong knowledge of mobile ad technology
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we encourage and welcome you to still apply!
Benefits and Perks
- Fully Flexible Workplace - work from home, one of our offices or a combination of the two!
- Unlimited PTO - rest and recharge when you need it!
- Industry Leading Healthcare - comprehensive and competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- Savings and Investments - 401(k) with company match
- Home Office Setup - you get all necessary hardware and internet reimbursement
- Family Planning and Fertility Programs - programs via Carrot and Maven
- Employee Resource Groups - to help you stay connected
Things to know…
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Foursquare, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry and market standards. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, and specific office location.
Salary is just one component of Foursquare’s total compensation package, which includes restricted stock units, multiple health insurance options, and a wide range of benefits!