Customer Operations Engineer
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology and data cloud platform dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces and physical places. Foursquare’s flexible building blocks include technology to maximize marketing impact and drive incremental real-world engagement (Attribution, Audience, Proximity, SDK); data to deeply understand points of interest and real-world behavior patterns (Places), and tools to conduct advanced analysis, data enrichment, unification and visualization (Studio). Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, and achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquare’s location tech stack is being utilized by the world’s largest enterprises and most recognizable brands.
About the Position:
Foursquare is looking for a Customer Operations Engineer to join our team!
The Customer Operations - B2B team is responsible for ensuring successful integration of Foursquare’s enterprise and marketers clients with our products and data. We work directly with clients and partners providing technical guidance and making sure they are able to use Foursquare products and data effectively. We provide world class support across all of Foursquare’s products and services, and work closely with our Client Success, Product Management, and Engineering teams as well as directly with clients and partners.
As a Customer Operations Engineer working on our Places and Visits/Movement products, you are instrumental to our clients’ success. You use your technical expertise and curiosity to onboard new clients in a timely and efficient manner and troubleshoot issues with their data deliveries and questions/concerns around the data they receive. You enjoy helping others and have a love for data (bonus if you love location data in particular!)
In this role, you’ll:
- Set up new deliveries and troubleshoot failed deliveries for clients
- Analyze, reproduce, and troubleshoot client issues with the data backing these deliveries
- Work closely with our Customer Success, Product Management, and Engineering teams to unblock clients and resolve any issues they are facing
- Serve as a primary technical point of contact for customers, and engage with other internal teams as needed
- Work closely with our data quality team to improve our overall data quality
What you’ll need:
- B.Sc. in a technical field such as computer science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in support/solutions/sales engineering or similar roles
- 1-2 years of experience working with SQL (we use Postgres, Hive, Athena) and Python (particularly working with big data)
- Basic experience with shell scripting
- Competent at reading and understanding code
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong data analysis and troubleshooting skills, experience with notebooks (Databricks, Jupyter, etc) for analysis is a major plus
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we encourage and welcome you to still apply!
Nice to have:
- Experience with AWS is a major plus
- Experience with Git is a major plus
- Experience with Scala is a plus
- Familiarity with using APIs is a plus
- Background in GIS/location data is a major plus
Benefits and Perks:
- We are a fully flexible company that allows you to work from any location in Serbia or from our Belgrade office
- 25 days of paid vacation
- Private medical insurance
- Education stipend
- Home Office Setup, you get all the necessary hardware
- Summer Fridays, two non-working Fridays each July and August
- Learning and development programs
- Professional coaching
- Restricted Stock Units
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.