Customer Operations Engineer
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology and data cloud platform dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces and physical places. Foursquare’s flexible building blocks include technology to maximize marketing impact and drive incremental real-world engagement (Attribution, Audience, Proximity, SDK); data to deeply understand points of interest and real-world behavior patterns (Places), and tools to conduct advanced analysis, data enrichment, unification and visualization (Studio). Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, and achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquare’s location tech stack is being utilized by the world’s largest enterprises and most recognizable brands.
About the Position
Foursquare is looking for a Customer Operations Engineer to join our team!
The Customer Operations - B2B team is responsible for ensuring successful integration of Foursquare’s enterprise and marketers clients with our products and data. We work directly with clients and partners providing technical guidance and making sure they are able to use Foursquare products and data effectively. We provide world class support across all of Foursquare’s products and services, and work closely with our Client Success, Product Management, and Engineering teams as well as directly with clients and partners.
As a Customer Operations Engineer working on our Developer products, you are instrumental to client success with our Movement SDK and Places API. You use your curiosity and persistence to develop expertise in how to use these products effectively, to troubleshoot SDK integrations with platform partners and develop best-practice-suggestions on how to use our API for specific use cases. You enjoy helping others solve problems. You use your strong organizational and communication skills to help clients use our products - providing technical documentation, guidance and recommendations as needed. Your first-hand experience with clients helps you understand and advocate for client needs internally with product and engineering.
In this role, you’ll:
- Support onboarding of API and SDK products directly with our Enterprise and non-Enterprise clients and partners, validating a successful integration and confirming completion of onboarding
- Act as the first technical point of contact to our Enterprise clients and SDK partners - providing support internally and externally for Foursquare’s API and SDK products
- Build out technical and non-technical solutions to address friction points in onboarding, such as integration and onboarding guides to FAQs and Postman Collections
- Work with our developer community to provide integration guidance and support
What you’ll need
- BS in Computer Science or similar degree
- 3+ years of experience in support/solutions/sales engineering or similar client-facing roles
- 1.5+ years of experience working with developer products such as APIs or SDKs, or similar experience in mobile development
- Basic proficiency in Python and SQL (we use Postgres, Hive, Athena)
- Basic proficiency in at least one other programming language (Java, Kotlin, Swift, Scala preferred but not required)
- Competent at reading and understanding code
- Experience in explaining technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with joining and participating in client calls
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we encourage and welcome you to still apply!
Nice to haves:
- AWS experience
- Git experience
- Background in GIS/location data
- Experience with shell scripting
Benefits and Perks
- Fully Flexible Workplace - work from home, one of our offices or a combination of the two!
- Unlimited PTO - rest and recharge when you need it!
- Industry Leading Healthcare - comprehensive and competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- Savings and Investments - 401(k) with company match
- Home Office Setup - you get all necessary hardware and internet reimbursement
- Family Planning and Fertility Programs - programs via Carrot and Maven
- Employee Resource Groups - to help you stay connected
Things to know…
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Foursquare, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry and market standards. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, and specific office location.
Salary is just one component of Foursquare’s total compensation package, which includes restricted stock units, multiple health insurance options, and a wide range of benefits!