Product Designer - Design Systems
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology and data cloud platform dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces and physical places. Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, and achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquare’s location tech stack is being utilized by the world’s largest enterprises and most recognizable brands.
About the Position
Foursquare is looking for a Product Designer - Design Systems to join our team!
About the role:
The ideal candidate has a proven design aesthetic, well-established processes, strong design principles, and excellent leadership skills. You’re passionate about finding new ways to visualize data and thrive on solving complex design problems.
You’ll work closely with designers and engineers to improve our Design System and maintain a high-quality bar for the component library and style guide. You’ll provide documentation and guidance on how and why components, styles, and patterns are applied for implementation across our applications. You’ll work closely with the dedicated engineering team to ship the Design System and collaborate with designers to understand each component use case. We’ll look to you to be the Foursquare design ambassador - evangelizing, educating, and driving the vision for our Design System.
In this role, you’ll
- Collaborate with Product Designers and Engineering to collect and provide feedback on component creation
- Understand the competitive landscape and the latest trends
- Create interactive prototypes for use-case scenario demonstrations
- Review existing inventory and audit current/past research
- Identify opportunities to create new patterns and components
- Provide guidelines and documentation that resonate with the teams using our Design Systems
- Attend meetings to articulate design decisions with our cross-collaborative partners
- Manage and own the style guide in Zeroheight and Design System in Figma
- Ensure that our Design System is accessible and inclusive
What you’ll need
- 2+ years in Product Design or UX
- Mobile and web experience, with portfolio or work samples
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or relevant experience in a full-cycle product design environment
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we encourage and welcome you to still apply!
Benefits and Perks
- Fully Flexible Workplace - work from home, one of our offices or a combination of the two!
- Unlimited PTO - rest and recharge when you need it!
- Industry Leading Healthcare - comprehensive and competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- Savings and Investments - 401(k) with company match
- Home Office Setup - you get all necessary hardware and internet reimbursement
- Family Planning and Fertility Programs - programs via Carrot and Maven
- Employee Resource Groups - to help you stay connected
Things to know…
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Foursquare, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry and market standards. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, and specific office location.
Salary is just one component of Foursquare’s total compensation package, which includes restricted stock units, multiple health insurance options, and a wide range of benefits!