Staff Product Analytics Manager
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology and data cloud platform dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces and physical places. Foursquare’s flexible building blocks include technology to maximize marketing impact and drive incremental real-world engagement (Attribution, Audience, Proximity, SDK); data to deeply understand points of interest and real-world behavior patterns (Places), and tools to conduct advanced analysis, data enrichment, unification and visualization (Studio). Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, and achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquare’s location tech stack is being utilized by the world’s largest enterprises and most recognizable brands.
About the Position
Foursquare is looking for a Staff Product Analytics Manager to join our team!
About the role: You will be at the forefront of our product-led growth and optimization initiatives. You will lead efforts to consolidate user behavior data, identify growth opportunities, and deliver actionable insights to drive product innovation. Your role will be pivotal in shaping our product roadmap and fueling our mission to provide value to our customers.
- Product Data Strategy:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive data strategy focused on product growth and user engagement
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and UX/UI designers to identify key data metrics and KPIs for measuring product performance
- Act as the Product Manager for the Product Analytics stack, partnering with Data Platform Engineering and Product Engineering to pipe relevant data into destinations and consumer platforms
- Data Analysis and Insights:
- Lead the team in analyzing user data to uncover patterns, trends, and user behaviors that inform product growth opportunities
- Conduct cohort analysis, user segmentation, and funnel analysis to identify areas for optimization and growth
- A/B Testing and Experimentation:
- Assist with and oversee measurement of A/B testing initiatives to validate hypotheses and optimize product features and user experiences
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and analyze experiments, interpreting results to drive data-driven decisions
- Data Visualization and Reporting:
- Create intuitive and insightful data visualizations and dashboards that communicate key findings to stakeholders across the organization
- Regularly report on product performance, growth metrics, and user engagement to drive data-driven decision-making
- Data Quality and Governance:
- Ensure data integrity and accuracy by implementing robust data governance practices
- Collaborate with data engineering teams to establish data pipelines and ensure the availability of clean and reliable data
What you’ll need
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Business Analytics, etc., or commensurate relevant experience
- 6-8+ years of experience in data analysis and insights, with a focus on product growth and user engagement in a SaaS product
- Strong proficiency in SQL, data querying, and data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI)
- Familiarity with A/B testing methodologies and experiment design
- Excellent analytical skills and a strong business acumen to connect business insights with product strategy
- Strong project management skills, and the ability to work cross-functionally to produce results
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- A plus if you have an understanding of user experience (UX) principles and user-centric design practices
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we encourage and welcome you to still apply!
Benefits and Perks
- Fully Flexible Workplace - work from home, one of our offices or a combination of the two!
- Unlimited PTO - rest and recharge when you need it!
- Industry Leading Healthcare - comprehensive and competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- Savings and Investments - 401(k) with company match
- Home Office Setup - you get all necessary hardware and internet reimbursement
- Family Planning and Fertility Programs - programs via Carrot and Maven
- Employee Resource Groups - to help you stay connected
Things to know…
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Foursquare, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry and market standards. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, and specific office location.
Salary is just one component of Foursquare’s total compensation package, which includes restricted stock units, multiple health insurance options, and a wide range of benefits!