Product Designer - Mobile Apps
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology and data cloud platform dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces and physical places. Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, and achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquare’s location tech stack is being utilized by the world’s largest enterprises and most recognizable brands.
About the Position
Foursquare is looking for a Mid-level Product Designer - Mobile Apps to join our team!
About the role:
Are you ready to shape the future of how people globally discover the best places and connect with the world around them?
As a Product Designer on our Mobile Apps Team, you'll have the incredible opportunity to craft and re-invent the future of Foursquare’s consumer app, a product at the heart of millions of users around the world. With something truly exciting on the horizon (it’s a secret!), you will play a crucial role in a project that will be a game-changer in the industry.
If you are opinionated and familiar with social, travel, or discovery-related products, curious about the world, excited to travel or visit new places, passionately know the best restaurants in town, passionate about building trustworthy, authentic, and personalized products, and are excited to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, and ambitious team, we invite you to apply. We’re looking for folks who would bring extraordinary talent, creativity, and a passion for innovative design.
In this role, you’ll
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Product, Design, Engineering, Growth, Analytics) to design new features and enhance existing ones for Foursquare's mobile consumer products
- Lead design efforts, balancing high-level product decisions with practical implementation
- Establish and maintain consistent design patterns, aligning with OS paradigms and brand identity
- Create design documentation, ranging from sketches and prototypes to high-fidelity mockups for development
- Manage end-to-end product design initiatives, from research to user assurance testing
- Develop interactive prototypes and animations for communication and stakeholder approval
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of product design experience, with particular focus in shipping new products or features
- 5+ years of mobile design experience (iOS and Android)
- 5+ years of experience in Social media, Travel, or Discovery consumer products
- Expertise in UX, interaction design, and UI design
- Proficiency in user research, strategy, and product validation
- Professional, adaptable, and a strong team player
- Proven ability to multitask, work efficiently despite uncertainty, and deliver results in a timely manner
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate design vision to team members and stakeholder
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related experience
- A plus if you are proficient in illustration, motion, and animation
- A plus if you have familiarity with Map Interfaces Design (e.g., Mapbox, Google Maps)
- A plus if you have knowledge of project management tools such as Jira, Productboard, and Slack
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we encourage and welcome you to still apply!
Benefits and Perks
- Fully Flexible Workplace - work from home, one of our offices or a combination of the two!
- Unlimited PTO - rest and recharge when you need it!
- Industry Leading Healthcare - comprehensive and competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- Savings and Investments - 401(k) with company match
- Home Office Setup - you get all necessary hardware and internet reimbursement
- Family Planning and Fertility Programs - programs via Carrot and Maven
- Employee Resource Groups - to help you stay connected
At Foursquare, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry and market standards. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, and specific office location.
The annual total cash compensation range is $104,000 - $175,750, however actual salaries can vary based on a candidate’s qualifications, skills and competencies, as well as location.
Salary is just one component of Foursquare’s total compensation package, which includes restricted stock units, multiple health insurance options, and a wide range of benefits!
Things to know…
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.