Senior Product Manager - Platforms
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2022
Front is on a mission to enable better relationships at scale. Relationships are everything in business, but they’re hard to maintain as a business grows because traits like trust, compassion, and empathy are human qualities that have been difficult for technology to scale. We’ve reimagined the way businesses communicate by bringing customer conversations to the center of one’s focus. Today, nearly 8,000 businesses have discovered that they can still grow their business and keep the human touch.
With $204M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, Zoom, and PagerDuty. Front has received numerous Great Place to Work accolades, including Y Combinator's list of Top Companies in 2023, #4 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area™, Inc. Magazine's 2022 Best Workplaces list, Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022 List, and Best workplaces for Millennials 2022 list.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our product management team and lead the development of our Platforms product group. This group is responsible for our message deliverability infrastructure as well as our external facing developer platform, APIs, and SDKs. Together, these surface areas power millions of conversations, thousands of custom workflows, and dozens of partner integrations. This PM will be responsible for developing and executing the strategy to support the continued growth of these platforms to greater scale and wider use cases for our customers and partners.
What will you be doing?
- Build a compelling strategy and roadmap based on insightful understanding of customer and developer needs, market opportunities and technical capabilities
- Drive learning/insights and revenue through iterative product development
- Manage a roadmap against KPIs and product goals
- Partner cross-functionally with Engineering, Design, Customer Success, Marketing and Sales to innovate and execute product initiatives across the company
- Rally teams to work together towards a common goal; oversee many moving parts to ensure deliverables are met on time
- Write specs, manage project execution, and define product roll-out strategy
- Discover and present new product insights by analyzing qualitative and quantitative customer data
- Conduct user research & user testing to collect new customer insights
What skills and experience do you need?
- 5+ years of product management experience, preferably at a SaaS or consumer technology company
- Some technical expertise, not necessarily enough to write code, but enough to understand the APIs and SDKs that power our platform, and to communicate with customers and developers about them
- Empathetic: you understand what users need and any issues that your teammates face
- Execution-oriented: you’re highly organized; you’re comfortable managing many work streams; you know how to make the right trade-offs; you help teams ship on time
- Collaborative and low-ego: you work well with all kinds of personalities; you work well with teams across multiple geographies
- Data-driven: you understand how to use data to guide product decisions
- Solutions-oriented: you are resourceful and drive progress with a positive, entrepreneurial approach
- You have clear, structured thinking and excellent communication skills
This is a Hybrid role in San Francisco, expected to be in-office on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
The US base hiring range for this full-time position is $185,000 - $225,000 USD. Individual compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, training, and market conditions. At Front, we take a market-based approach to pay. In addition to cash compensation (base salary, which may include commissions or overtime pay where applicable), Fronteers are eligible to receive equity in the company. If you have questions, please speak with a member of our Recruiting Team for additional information.
These ranges may be modified in the future.
What we offer
✨ Competitive salary
🤝 Equity (we are post-series D & backed by some of the best VCs in the US)
🏥 Private health insurance fully covered by Front
💪 Flexible Fridays - learn more here!
🏡 Flexibility to work from home 3 days/week (unless posted as a full-remote role)
🛋 Mental health support with Modern Health
🍼 Family planning support with Maven
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.