Senior Program Manager, New Products
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2023
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We're a remote-first company - just let us know where you prefer to work from!
Why we need you
At the heart of our success is our ability to deliver. Without a robust, efficient, and effective program management process, our vision remains just that -- a vision. We need a Senior Program Manager, New Products to turn this vision into reality.
You are the conductor who orchestrates our cross-functional teams into a symphony of effectiveness. You are the architect who breaks down complex programs into manageable projects, setting up clear accountability and ensuring our team hits every goal. You are the project manager who leads by example. You are the coach who lifts the bar for all our project leaders. You are the translator who helps all our teams plan and implement flawlessly.
But most importantly, you are the champion who ensures our product roadmap comes to life, delivering an amazing product to our customers. Without you, Glowforge is just a dream.
As the Senior Program Manager, New Products, your role is pivotal to our success. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading and defining product development processes for cross-functional teams.
- Breaking down complex programs into goal-centric projects and setting up teams to deliver successfully
- Ensuring the quality of project plans, providing program-wide processes, and coaching the project managers and teams involved in the planning and execution.
- Proactively identifying gaps in planning or execution and implementing solutions.
- Collaborating with department heads and executive-level team members to navigate through challenges.
- Providing clear documentation and program-level communications.
You need these qualifications / We're looking for someone who:
- Is the problem-fixer within your organization
- Is well-versed in the strategies and tactics relating to New Product Introduction
- Is known for their ability to inspire and motivate cross-functional teams of people who don’t report directly to you
- Can frame decisions and TL;DR with the best of them
- Possesses exceptional organizational skills earned from at least 5 years of program leadership experience
- Fosters inclusive teamwork that brings out everyone’s best
It would be nice if...
- You’ve got a background in product development and have built products in a company that makes consumer products that involve plastics, metals, or mechatronics that need to interact with software components that interact seamlessly
- You know a balance sheet from an income statement
- You’ve partnered with product leadership to build and scale an NPI function before
- You have a blend of big company and start up experience
We love cover letters. We read them before the resume. Please tell us about a product that you worked on that you’re proud of, and what contribution you made that you’re most excited about.
In your cover letter, in addition to whatever you’d like to say, please tell us about the product or feature you’re most proud of in your portfolio. What about it makes you grin from ear to ear?
There's one more very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at [email protected]. We'd love to have you join us.