Senior Data Analyst
IT, Data Science
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2023
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We're a remote-first company - just let us know where you prefer to work from!
Why we need you
At Glowforge, we are passionate about making solid, fast decisions informed by razor-sharp analysis and insights. Without you, our vast treasure trove of data is wasted potential. Your curiosity, talent for problem-solving, and passion for data allow you to unearth hidden patterns that fuel our growth, improve our products, enable us to deliver legendary customer service, and operate an efficient business.
How did we ever get along without you?
As a vital part of the Glowforge Data team, you'll collaborate with business partners and data engineers to deliver accurate and reliable reports, dashboards, models, metrics, and analyses to partners across the company.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Work with data engineers, marketers, product managers, and more to define, refine, and detail requirements that empower you to deliver business-defining insights.
- Coaching and mentoring your co-workers across the organization to wisely self-serve their own accurate analysis, focusing only on what's statistically significant, and ruthlessly eliminating false conclusions.
- Building and iterating on reports and dashboards using modern data tools to ensure data accuracy, reliability, and storytelling
- Put LLMs like GPT-4 to work cleaning data, analyzing unstructured inputs, and writing code for sophisticated analyses
- Developing and maintaining SQL queries and automation scripts to create data streams from various sources, working with data engineers to ensure clean and normalized inputs.
You need these qualifications:
- 5+ years of professional experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills, both technical and non-technical communication skills
- Fluency in SQL and data visualizations, with experience in modifying existing data models, crafting new ones, and sharing them using data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Metabase, Looker)
- Proficiency in Python and its use in data analysis and manipulation
- Familiarity with statistical techniques beyond simple regressions and significance tests; you know when and why to break out Bayesian methods, cluster analysis, and other advanced methods.
- You’re no stranger to cloud-based data warehousing and analytics stacks (e.g., Airflow, dbt, BigQuery, Segment)
- You’ve already been using GPT-4 or ChatGPT to turbocharge your work
It would be nice if you...
- Possess analytics engineering experience, particularly around transformations
- Have startup experience in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Are a creative individual who loves making things and exploring new ideas
We love cover letters. We read them before the resume. Please tell us about a product that you worked on that you’re proud of, and what contribution you made that you’re most excited about.
In your cover letter, in addition to whatever you’d like to say, please tell us about the product or feature you’re most proud of in your portfolio. What about it makes you grin from ear to ear?
There's one more very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at [email protected]. We'd love to have you join us.