Senior Business Operations Manager, Materials
Posted on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We're a remote-first company - just let us know where you prefer to work from!
At Glowforge, we believe that the key to our success lies in the perfect balance between our hardware, software, and Proofgrade materials. These materials are the secret behind millions of successful creations made with our laser printer. We source sustainable, beautiful materials that are custom-fabricated to ensure reliable and safe printing. From the finest leathers to colorful acrylic and rich hardwoods, our Proofgrade materials are the foundation for stunning creations!
Why we need you:
Our Proofgrade materials are the foundation of what our customers create. Our printers are the machine, but the materials are what bring our customers’ imaginations to life. Leading Proofgrade for Glowforge means not just serving us, but serving hundreds of thousands of customers. Understanding what they create and how, and delivering the ultimate creative experience to them. You create the stuff their dreams are made of!
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
As the Senior Business Operations Manager, Materials, you’ll be responsible for bringing wonderful new materials and other products to market for our customers. You’ll lead a team of experts across the company to choose, source, test, and distribute them.
You will also:
- Deliver stellar business cases that will exceed our growth and margin targets, by creating thoughtful specifications and finding amazing products.
- Manage projects and operational activities, rally cross functional team members across the globe, and push boundaries to shorten time-to-market and deliver top quality.
- Build strong strategic relationships with suppliers for materials, merchandise, and services.
- Support material science and engineering activities by facilitating timely information flow and decision-making.
- Facilitate the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process and implementing best-in-class inventory and supply chain management practices.
- Provide clear and concise data analysis to enable excellent decision-making by business owners.
You will need the following qualifications:
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in operations, supply chain management, and/or program management
- You have routinely surprised everyone with completion of projects ahead of schedule, within budget and with raving support from cross functional team members.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with internal teams and external suppliers.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in managing, analyzing and ensuring accuracy of large and complex data sets using industry-standard tools like Excel and Tableau.
- A passion for continuous improvement and a drive to deliver exceptional results.
While not required, it would be nice if you have:
- Experience in manufacturing and/or sourcing of merchandise.
- Experience working at a startup or other fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Familiarity with laser cutting and engraving technologies or crafting.
- Knowledge of sustainable and eco-friendly sourcing practices.
We love cover letters. We read them before the resume. Please tell us about a product that you worked on that you’re proud of, and what contribution you made that you’re most excited about.
In your cover letter, in addition to whatever you’d like to say, please tell us about the product or feature you’re most proud of in your portfolio. What about it makes you grin from ear to ear?
There's one more very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at [email protected]. We'd love to have you join us.