Delivery Project Manager
You + Helix
Helix is a place where innovators and doers gather in order to drive significant progress in population genomics. We have come together to work at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics.
If you’re excited by the idea of making a meaningful impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Helix is the leading population genomics and viral surveillance company. Helix enables health systems, public health organizations and life science companies to accelerate the integration of genomic data into patient care and public health decision making.
We are continuing to scale our world-class team to support our dedication to empowering every person to improve their life through DNA.
Helix + Transparency
At Helix, we value transparency. You will find the expected compensation, interview process, what to anticipate during onboarding, and your first 90 days listed in the job description for all Helix roles.
What is special about this role?
Are you passionate about personalized medicine, the biopharmaceutical industry and creating a strong customer experience? Helix is at the forefront of genomic data innovation and scientific research, bringing new innovative Real World Evidence, Research and Translational Medicine use cases to life leveraging our proprietary clinico-genomic assets and Health System partnerships. We work with life science companies across the biopharma value chain from drug discovery to clinical development and through commercialization.
As the Delivery Project Manager, you will support the strategic expansion of our current biopharmaceutical partnerships by leading cross-functional Helix teams in the implementation and delivery of key milestones in accordance with our contracts, and ensuring our customers are delighted. From defining and managing work plans, to creatively solving cross-functional problems, maintaining expectations with our partners, and ensuring our partners receive the highest quality deliverables, you will play a critical role in helping our commercial partners achieve the value they have come to expect when partnering with Helix. You will also keep our Strategic Account Managers and Business Development Teams informed on the health of the relationship and any key milestones recently achieved.
As a Delivery Project Manager, you will:
- Provide customers with a single point-of-contact across the lifespan(s) of one or multiple concurrent project(s);
- Define, communicate, and proactively manage project work plans for internal and external stakeholders;
- Execute and/or facilitate the provision of contract deliverables to the client (e.g. execute data transfer, coordinate a scientist’s presentation of analyses, etc.);
- Orchestrate bidirectional communication with the customer, maximizing clarity and efficiency;
- Coordinate information flow among Business Development and technical/Delivery team members at Helix, ensuring lockstep synchrony throughout each project and ensuring that all team members have the necessary resources to succeed;
- Serve as the chief problem solver – identifying and understanding issues and working closely with the necessary cross-functional teams across Helix to solve them creatively (and efficiently);
- Collaborate internally to evolve the Project Delivery function to further drive scalability, partner value and client engagement.
- Develop strong, trusting relationships both within Helix and with customers
- Act as as brand ambassador for Helix
- Assist with business intelligence and identification of expansion opportunities
- 4 – 8 years of experience managing strategic projects with biopharma R&D organizations, extra credit for experience with clinical development and RWE projects.
- Knowledge of biopharmaceutical R&D functions, roles, and the drug discovery and development process.
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Ability to influence without authority while working with a cross-functional team
- Change agile, can quickly pivot as new information on internal challents or new requests come from customers
- High learning agility - ability to understand new concepts and products and ensuring envisioned value is achieved
- Highly collaborative - team player able to effectively collaborate with stakeholders across a broad range of functions and levels
- Skilled at managing complexity, ability to work through ambiguity and organize it, establish structure if needed, and execute independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly adapt with project management tools and platforms
- Strong written communication with Google Suite and Microsoft Powerpoint.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Knowledge of / experience in biopharmaceutical R&D process, genomics and RWE
- A bachelor’s of science degree or higher a life science area
- Project management certification such as PMP
Expected Pay For This Role:
There are 3 distinct parts to your Helix offer: 1) Base Salary 2) Annual Bonus 3) Equity
Expected Helix Base: $119,000 - $188,100
Expected Helix Discretionary Annual Bonus: 10% of your annual salary
Equity: We offer generous equity at Helix. If you receive a Helix offer your recruiter will book dedicated time with you to educate you on our equity model.
The salary range above is our reasonable estimate of the base compensation for this role across US locations. Actual starting pay will be based on non-discriminatory job-related factors, including exact work location, experience, relevant training and education, and skill level. Your recruiter can share more about your specific work location salary range during the hiring process.
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Comprehensive Health Insurance with Date of Hire eligibility
- Above average employer paid premium coverage
- 12 weeks Helix Paid Parental Leave option
- 401(k) with employer matching of up to 4% and 100% Vesting on the Date of Hire
- Comprehensive Well-Being Benefits
- 18 well-being programs covering financial, legal and wellness solutions
- Flexible PTO
- Remote options for many roles and a home office stipend
What To Expect During Your Onboarding Week:
We want to make sure your first week is spent learning the foundations. You will be invited to live orientation sessions and spend time with your hiring manager developing your individual roadmap to success. This experience will include sessions that cover your benefits, security & privacy training, an introduction to the OKR framework used at Helix and our communication tools and norms.
What To Expect During Your First 90 days:
- First 30 days: you’ll spend time learning the Helix way, completing training and onboarding for your roles, and getting introduced to your team and relevant stakeholders. You’ll also gain a deeper understanding of our customers, our products, the impact we make in the lives of our communities, and how to thrive at Helix through participation in Helix U.
- Day 30 - 60: you’ll spend time contributing to projects, deeply familiarizing yourself with team and company processes, and developing a deeper understanding of Helix’s products, services and capabilities.
- Day 60 - 90: you’ll build your OKRs with your manager, start to take ownership of projects and initiatives on your team, and begin to demonstrate your impact on the Helix mission.
Helix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Something looks off?