Associate Manager, Life Sciences - Business Development
You + Helix
Helix is a place where innovators and doers gather in order to drive significant progress in population genomics. We have come together to work at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics.
If you’re excited by the idea of making a meaningful impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Helix is the leading population genomics and viral surveillance company. Helix enables health systems, public health organizations and life science companies to accelerate the integration of genomic data into patient care and public health decision making.
We are continuing to scale our world-class team to support our dedication to empowering every person to improve their life through DNA.
Helix + Transparency
At Helix, we value transparency. You will find the expected compensation, interview process, what to anticipate during onboarding, and your first 90 days listed in the job description for all Helix roles.
What is special about this Role:
[Insert department / position-specific blurb here. List specific projects they will get to work on if possible to sell the position and opportunity]
As an Associate Manager, Business Development, you will:
As Associate Manager within our Life Science and Growth team, you’ll play a key supporting role to the Director of Business Development. You will assist in generating new leads to potential customers, work with these customers under the guidance of the Director to refine opportunities, translate opportunities into Proposals, and connect across Helix to inform key inputs that shape the deal. Deals will vary across therapeutic areas and generally focus on germline genomic applications and/or viral genomic applications.
The ideal candidate will have some customer-facing experience, knowledge of the Biopharma landscape, and experience with Clinical Development functions. The ideal candidate will display high levels of learning agility, be highly proactive, organized, and skilled at working collaboratively with strong attention to detail. Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills are critical, as well as the utilization of excellent verbal and listening skills, teaming, facilitation, and relationship-building. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a deep passion for transforming healthcare through the use of genomics and personalized medicine, and have an interest in customer-facing deal activity, this is the role for you! Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide critical support in generating new leads
- Manage creation of target customer and asset lists
- Inform on messaging for outreach campaigns and liaise with Marketing function as related to industry events (i.e. conferences, webinars, etc)
- Assist in creation of customer pitch decks and educational collateral
- Support in deal activity (including risk assessments, deal structuring, deal analysis, negotiating, and contracting)
- Work across Helix internal stakeholders to ensure the right inputs to any deal are properly secured
- Assist with onboarding the project delivery teams who will be responsible for providing the customer with contractually agreed-upon deliverables
- Over time manage less complex deals
- Mission-oriented, with a deep passion for improving people’s lives through DNA
- Strong business sense and service-delivery mindset
- Proactive approach to work and enthusiasm for the task at hand
- Ability to change priorities quickly and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Strong oral and written English communication capabilities
- Strong interpersonal and influencing capabilities
- Basic understanding of financial and analytical modeling
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the time
- BA or BS required; with strong preference in a scientific major
Expected Interview Process:
1) Recruiter Screen 2) Manager Screen/Tech Screen 3) Onsite 4) Offer
Expected Pay For This Role:
There are 3 distinct parts to your Helix offer: 1) Base Salary 2) Annual Bonus 3) Equity
- Expected Helix Base: $73,000 to $127,000
- Expected Helix Discretionary Annual Bonus: 10% of your annual salary
- Equity: We offer generous equity at Helix. If you receive a Helix offer your recruiter will book dedicated time with you to educate you on our equity model.
The salary range above is our reasonable estimate of the base compensation for this role across US locations. Actual starting pay will be based on non-discriminatory job-related factors, including exact work location, experience, relevant training and education, and skill level. Your recruiter can share more about your specific work location salary range during the hiring process.
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Comprehensive Health Insurance with Date of Hire eligibility
- Above average employer paid premium coverage
- 12 weeks Helix Paid Parental Leave option
- 401(k) with employer matching of up to 4% and 100% Vesting on the Date of Hire
- Comprehensive Well-Being Benefits
- 18 well-being programs covering financial, legal and wellness solutions
- Flexible PTO
- Remote options for many roles and a home office stipend
What To Expect During Your Onboarding Week:
We want to make sure your first week is spent learning the foundations. You will be invited to live orientation sessions and spend time with your hiring manager developing your individual roadmap to success. This experience will include sessions that cover your benefits, security & privacy training, an introduction to the OKR framework used at Helix and our communication tools and norms.
What To Expect During Your First 90 days:
First 30 days: you’ll spend time learning the Helix way, completing training and onboarding for your roles, and getting introduced to your team and relevant stakeholders. You’ll also gain a deeper understanding of our customers, our products, the impact we make in the lives of our communities, and how to thrive at Helix through participation in Helix U.
Day 30 - 60: you’ll spend time contributing to projects, deeply familiarizing yourself with team and company processes, and developing a deeper understanding of Helix’s products, services and capabilities.
Day 60 - 90: you’ll build your OKRs with your manager, start to take ownership of projects and initiatives on your team, and begin to demonstrate your impact on the Helix mission.
Helix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.