Accounting & Finance
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, March 7, 2023
Immuta enables organizations to unlock value from their cloud data by protecting it and providing secure access. The Immuta Data Security Platform provides sensitive data discovery, security and access control, data activity monitoring, and has deep integrations with the leading cloud data platforms. Immuta is now trusted by Fortune 500 companies and government agencies around the world to secure their data. Founded in 2015, Immuta is headquartered in Boston, MA.
Our Mission is clear. Enable the legal and ethical use of data. How we approach this mission is also clear!
We are mission focused. Born out of a government mission, we understand why data is about more than just analytics - it also represents our values. Our mission is to enable the legal and ethical use of data, ensuring that data is accessible to only those who need it, for the right reasons, and in the proper form.
We are humble intellects. We are experts in privacy, ethics, law, and engineering. But true expertise requires constant change - to always learn and to always adapt. And that means we excel as students and as teachers. We have something to learn from everyone, at any time, in any place.
We are independent achievers. We don’t need guidance to get things done, yet we know when to ask for help. We accomplish our mission while upholding our values, whatever it takes.
We are helpful and caring. For us, life is about the values we uphold, not the credit we receive or the attention we garner. We operate with respect and consideration of our peers, acting with empathy, honesty, transparency, and integrity.
Helpfulness and Grit. For us, life is about the values we uphold, not the credit we receive or the attention we garner. We operate with respect for our peers with a service-oriented mindset. We’re in it together and are optimistic and deterministic with respect to outcomes.
- Immuta has been recognized by Forbes as a top american startup employer, by Inc. Magazine as one of the best workplaces, and by Fast Company as one of the top 50 most innovative companies
- Immuta is trusted by the top U.S. bank, two of the top three top pharma companies in the world, the world's top luxury car brand, and many other large enterprises across industries
- In the past 12 months, Immuta has increased annual recurring revenue (ARR) by more than 100 percent, doubled its customer base, doubled the number of employees, and is now valued at over $1B.
- Technology partners include Snowflake, Databricks, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and Starburst
- $267 million in total funding. Investors include NightDragon, Greenspring Associates, March Capital, Ten Eleven Ventures, Intel Capital Corporation, NGP Capital, DFJ Growth, Dell Technologies Capital, Citi Ventures, Inc, Wipro Ventures, and Okta Ventures
- Hybrid workplace with offices in Boston, MA; Columbus, Ohio; College Park, Maryland; and London
The Finance team is responsible for Immuta’s strategic forecasting, financial modeling and optimization of enterprise value while adhering to GAAP standards and best practices for SaaS companies. We count on the Finance team to not only own payroll, AP/AR, cash management, but to also drive and co-lead high priority business initiatives that lead to Immuta’s growth, and scale of the company’s ongoing business operations. Most importantly, Immuta is a data-driven company at its core. The Finance team plays an integral part in predictive analysis of business efficiency, critical investments, and monitoring corporate goals.
The SVP, Finance will drive the entire finance function and help set the strategic direction of the company. We need someone who can step in and lead the global finance function and be responsible for creating and driving financial processes, policies, controls, systems and reporting that ensures all objectives are met in support of the company’s business objectives. The SVP of Finance will have an unwavering entrepreneurial spirit and can handle the fast-paced environment of a rapidly growing company. We are interested in someone who has been responsible for financial decision-making and corporate strategic planning. You will manage the company’s operating model, top-line forecasts, drive ongoing insights about our business, and deliver financial reports to the executive team.
- Lead, hire, manage and develop a high performing finance team, which ensures redundancy in training across key processes.
- Develop, manage and maintain dynamic budgeting and forecasting tools.
- Manage development of all departmental budgets and spending in conjunction with department heads & managers.
- Identify, track and report on key financial and non-financial performance metrics – with a strong focus on SaaS metrics; work with the team to analyze trends and develop/implement changes to drive improvements.
- Oversee all general ledger, accounts payable, payroll and fixed asset activities, ensuring accurate and timely processing of transactions and compliance with internal policies.
- Manage all monthly, quarterly and year-end closings including year-end audit and the preparation of consolidated financial statements.
- Be responsible for all technical accounting including revenue recognition, implementation of new standards and compliance with all relevant existing standards.
- Build efficiencies into all aspects of accounting operations including systems and process.
- Develop relationships with the management team to effectively execute on company policy and process changes as well as other key company-wide initiatives.
- Lead all aspects of the month end close, financial reporting and consolidation processes.
- Support the Company’s tax consultants to oversee the preparation and filing of the various tax returns, quarterly and annual tax provisions, and other tax projects.
- Manage annual audit process and oversee preparation of audited financial statements.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, federal and international tax rules and regulations.
- Assess financial systems and process enhancements and drive improvements throughout the accounting organization.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current accounting pronouncements, GAAP, and other compliance issues.
- Lead and support ad hoc special projects as required.
- Drive financial planning and analysis (FP&A) initiatives including budgeting/ forecasting, analytics, reporting with intent to maximize income, grow margin and manage risks, identifying areas for further growth and profit improvement.
- 10+ years of progressive accounting and finance experience.
- Strong FP&A skill set - ability to build models to manage the business and strategy.
- Experience with a growing SaaS business - solid understanding of the theory of SaaS metrics and can easily run benchmarking as the economy shifts.
- Strong understanding of SaaS forecasting methodologies to assess ROI,Payback Period, and efficiency monitoring.
- Degree in Finance or Economics. CPA preferred.
- Expert level knowledge in accounting rules and regulations and in the application of those rules and regulations to a wide range of business activities.
- Thoroughly versed in GAAP and have a strong background in non-routine and complex transactions.
- Strong leadership skills, high EQ, and proactive problem-solving approach.
- Organized and attentive to details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to clearly and concisely interface with all levels of management.
- Collaborative business partner, adept at building cross-functional relationships to drive business results.
At Immuta, our goal is to help bridge the gap between personal and professional growth, so that our team members can be well and thrive personally and professionally. After all, great professional success stories rarely happen without great personal success stories! Our generous benefits package given to all full time employees includes:
- 100% employer paid Healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision) premiums for you and your dependents (including Domestic Partners)
- 100% employer paid mental wellness platform for you and your dependents
- Stock Options
- Wellness perks (100% employer paid Whoop fitness band and subscription)
- Paid parental leave (Both Maternity and Paternity)
- Unlimited Paid time off (U.S. based positions)
- Learning and Development Resources
Immuta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Immuta complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS: Immuta does not accept candidates from third party recruiters. All candidates submitted through are considered to be submissions by the candidate and no submission will obligate Immuta to pay any third party for the referral or hiring of a candidate.