Software Development Engineer II, Android, Navigation SDK
Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
What We Do
The Navigation SDK and Applications team is working on bringing to life the Mapbox vision of the navigation applications. In practice we are building Mapbox Navigation Applications for the Linux and Android platforms, and Navigation SDK for the Android/iOS platforms. We are targeting our products to the Automotive, Logistics, and Consumer markets. Here are our products:
There is a short list of customers using our products: BMW, GM, Toyota
What You'll Do
We are expanding our team. We are looking for Android engineers who will become part of our teams working on the Dash Navigation Application and Dash SDK. As part of our team you will:
- Be have a chance to take a part in architecture and development of a new Mapbox SDK
- Drive technical development, build new features for Dash App and SDK
- Make contributions into application/SDK architecture, code health, and development processes for building best in class software products
- Participate in discussions regarding the technical and functional sides of the product in close collaboration with Mapbox teams and our customers
- Collaborate closely with other teams across Mapbox to understand and build what is needed to enable delightful user app experiences.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Demonstrated history of shipping Android applications or SDKs
- Experience in building Android Applications or SDKs with Kotlin or Java
- Knowledge of software design, applications architecture, and Android
- Enthusiasm for building components and systems with reliability and long term support in mind
- Good sense of usability
- Open-minded to explore new languages, skills, techniques, and platforms
- Desire to learn and to teach
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity