Navigation Product Manager, HD Maps
Mapbox is building a live location platform. Our services represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and devices in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power vehicles and products across the next frontier in location-based data. Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, tracking your personal best mile on Strava, sending snaps on Snapchat, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how the world moves by powering navigation experiences across people, packages and vehicles everywhere.
What You'll Do
We are seeking a highly motivated HD Map Product Manager to join our team to help redefine the HD mapping industry. The successful candidate will own Mapbox HD map roadmap and execution, working closely with engineering teams on solving complex technical problems in an industry that is ready for disruption. The role requires creativity and flexibility as you work to define the future of the HD industry. The HD Map Product Manager will interface and collaborate with high profile automotive industry customers to ensure our products meet their requirements and are delivered on-time and within budget.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Develop and manage the roadmap for Mapbox HD map products
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, sales, and marketing, to define product requirements
- Interface and collaborate with high profile automotive industry customers to ensure our products meet their requirements and are delivered on-time and within budget
- Define and track key performance indicators (KPIs) for the product
- Analyze market trends and customer needs to identify opportunities for product development
- Lead the development and implementation of go-to-market strategies for new products
- Develop and manage product pricing and profitability
- Manage the product development lifecycle, from ideation to launch and post-launch
- Ensure product compliance with relevant industry standards and regulations
- Provide product training and support to internal and external stakeholders
- Continuously monitor product performance and implement improvements as needed
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 5+ years of product management experience, preferably in the geolocation or automotive industry
- Strong understanding of HD mapping technology and the automotive industry
- Demonstrated success in developing and launching products to market
- Excellent written and verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ownership mindset required to create the future of your product line
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Pitching and deck building skills
- Familiarity with ADAS and HD maps stack: architecture, use cases, known limitations, state of the art approach for creating HD map
- Experience with computer vision and machine learning techniques–particularly in the application of road and/or map data attribute creation
- Rudimentary programming skills for data processing (e.g. SQL, Python)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, marketing, or a related field
- Nice to have’s include familiarity with AWS (e.g. Athena, S3), geospatial software (e.g. JOSM, QGIS) and prototyping software (e.g. Sketch, Figma)
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Something looks off?