Senior Release Engineer II, Roads
Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
What We Do
We build distributed pipelines that process Terabytes data per day, serve map snapshots across 4 billion active users across the world. Joining us as a Release Engineer, you'll play a key role in one of the aspects of automation and monitoring software/tech for best in class road features, navigation, and high definition maps. You'll bring your experience and skills to our exciting project within a competent, cross-functional, passionate and self-organized team.
What You'll Do
- Help our development teams to maintain and improve release pipelines and best practices for navigation and visual map snapshots.
- Take ownership of release systems and tools that Mapbox developers use to create, test, benchmark, validate and deploy navigation and visual maps. You will work directly with the engineering teams to own the build, package and distribution for our products.
- Build release processes automation across different teams
- Build monitoring system to track
- Provide architecture design and infrastructure for teams
- Leading CI/CD processes
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 10+ years of experience as a Build/Release Engineer
- Experience with large distributed projects
- Experience with AWS is mandatory, Github, Github actions, Airflow
- Programming on Python would be a plus
- Skilled with communication and collaborating with others
- Good at investigating and troubleshooting other people's code/apps
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity