Solutions Architect, EMEA
Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
What You'll Do
Solutions Architects (SA) are technical and business experts who partner with customers to help them design solutions to mapping related problems from live asset tracking, to data visualization, store location finder and turn-by-turn navigation applications. Solutions Architects drive customer adoption of Mapbox by leveraging techniques such as webinars, white-papers, workshops, reference architectures and demos.
Each SA has an area of technical expertise - mobile or web. For this role, we’re looking for a Senior Solutions Architect with expertise in mobile development (Android or iOS). The Senior SA will work with our Enterprise customers to architect simple solutions to complex location problems. Your work as an SA results in increased customer value, solution adoption, and Mapbox product capabilities.
SA’s are great problem solvers that love working with customers to solve their technical challenges. Successful candidates typically have a mix of software engineering, product management, solutions engineering, and technical consulting experience prior to this role.
- Apply Mapbox and other cloud, web, and mobile technologies to solve customer challenges.
- Deliver high quality, engaging technical presentations and solutions to senior decision makers and senior engineers.
- Publish and own adoption of repeatable solution templates with reference code on mapbox.com.
- Increase Mapbox business opportunities by defining and building technical content including solution architectures, white papers, and quick start guides to show customers how to implement specific use cases for new technologies.
- Provide structured feedback and advocate for important features and use cases to Mapbox product & engineering teams.
- Lead efforts to capture and share best practice knowledge with the Mapbox solutions architect community.
- Mentor and lead junior members of the team.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 4+ years experience in software engineering, technical consulting, solutions architecture, or product management.
- 2+ years of experience working or building with one or more mobile programming languages - Java, Kotlin, Objective-C, or Swift.
- Demonstrated experience solving large, complex customer problems in a consultative fashion.
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal, who is comfortable explaining complex concepts and architectures to audiences from developers to senior decision makers.
- A strategic and creative problem-solver that can both white board solutions, and champion strategies with CTOs and other senior stakeholders.
- Relentless focus on customer experience and solution quality, simplicity, and efficiency.
- Desire to explore, learn and teach new languages, skills, techniques, and platforms.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for customer meetings and events.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity