RAVE II, Data Insights
Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
High-quality data is the foundation of all Mapbox products. Data RAVE is a key division inside Mapbox, which is responsible for acquiring, processing, and delivering high quality location-oriented data to enable internal and external Сustomers. Data RAVE Insights Specialists are responsible for quality of the Search, Navigation and Maps data and engine by providing assessment of the user events, quality and competitive analysis for a third-party vendor data, solving data issues by enriching internal datasets.
What You'll Do
- You will triage, analyze and classify large volume of raw data to identify the issues and behavioral patterns;
- You will work with a maps, search and navigation data to detect any issues that could influence the quality of results;
- You will build communication with stakeholders for refining requirements and acceptance criteria for the set tasks;
- You will build workflows for solving exact tasks, provide investigation and final analysis, flag found insights, report bugs and write summary documentation, usually it will be required to organize and mentor a limited group of people;
- You will edit large volumes of data in specialized tools, create various content for Mapbox services and products;
- You will work with the engineering teams to build, implement and improve new and existing tools;
- You will analyze tons of data to propose automated solutions.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Proficiency in English, ability to communicate clearly in written and verbal communication, read and write documentation. (Critical minimum B1, preference for candidates - B2 and above). Please, indicate the level of English proficiency in your CV;
- Basic knowledge of SQL/Python;
- Basic knowledge of GitHub/Jira;
- Work experience in IT-sphere or completed IT-courses for understanding communication culture and processes in high-technology international company;
- Presence of logic, ability to reason and act independently;
- Analytical mindset and ability to identify common patterns in large volumes of information;
- Resistant to stress in a situations of frequently changing conditions or long monotonous workflows, our tasks are different and workflows often varies;
- Ability to stay focused on a rapidly changing situation during a working day, keeping high quality and accuracy of data processing;
- A quick learner, ability to switch between projects with different workflow or instructions, multi-tasking;
- Ability to work in a team and high communicative skills.
Welcomed Traits for This Role
- Experience of using, testing and analyzing the maps, search and navigation data;
- Interest in developing their skills and expanding their competencies within working domain;
- General knowledge of traffic rules for qualitative analysis of traffic situations and modeling driver behavior or use-cases (ideally, driving license or completed driving school);
- Understanding OSM service and having an interest in cartography (if you have an account with OSM edits, please, specify in your CV).
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity