Sales Account Manager, Maps
Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as the Internet of Things and AR/VR.
In 2019, Mapbox made a considerable investment in the platform to support the Japanese market, including the integration of best-in-class Zenrin data and supporting the launch of Yahoo! JAPAN’s new maps for millions of people. Today, the demand for Mapbox in Japan is growing as we become the leading Japanese platform for maps and locations. Our team is product-focused and customer-obsessed, developing opportunities to rapidly and sustainably scale our business throughout Japan. We’re building a sales and solutions team tailored to the Japanese market and we need a passionate, experienced leader to join us.
What You'll Do
- Build and own relationships with Mapbox Japan’s most strategic customers, from first contact to product launch and beyond, ensuring that we grow with them
- Combine Mapbox building blocks with deep customer knowledge to present compelling technical solutions with clear business outcomes
- Communicate customer needs and industry patterns back to Mapbox product teams to influence our technical roadmap
- Develop and execute strategies to expand Mapbox’s adoption in key industry verticals, working closely with the marketing team to tell our customers’ success stories
- Mentor more junior members of the sales pod to grow talent internally
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Strong technical sales aptitude demonstrated through a combination of industry experience, size and complexity of deals closed (you’ll be focused on six and seven-figure opportunities), and rapport with engineers and product owners
- Ability to navigate complex customer relationships, developing trust and influence with engineers and developers up to c-level leadership
- Ability to collaborate across Mapbox teams including engineering, support, and marketing to close business and ensure successful customer launches
- Deep curiosity, empathy, and grit — we’re partnering with our customers to solve hard problems, and we win as a team
- Manage toward quarterly sales targets within your sales pod
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
MAPBOX WILL NOT ACCEPT CANDIDATE INTRODUCTIONS FROM 3RD PARTY RECRUITMENT AGENCIES FOR THIS POSITION.
Something looks off?