Animal Welfare & IACUC Administrator
We are creating the future of brain-computer interfaces: building devices now that have the potential to help people with paralysis regain mobility and independence and invent new technologies that could expand our abilities, our community, and our world.
Neuralink is seeking a motivated Animal Welfare & IACUC Administrator who thrives working in a fast-paced research environment and works closely with a multidisciplinary team to assess, formulate, and evaluate the impact of policies from a strategic and operational perspective using first principles thinking to meet the administrative goals of the IACUC. Staff in this role is responsible for providing technical and analytical recommendations as they relate to and enhance IACUC operations; updates, maintains, compiles and prepares database reports; streamlines existing and develops new policies and procedures; and conducts outreach and training presentations. This role will also work closely with the Animal Welfare and Behavior team to develop high-quality, scientifically accurate, written materials that includes producing abstracts, posters, outlines, primary and review articles, slide presentations, and other materials.
- Updates, maintains, compiles and prepares IACUC database reports
- Streamlines existing and develops new IACUC policies and procedures
- Conducts outreach and training presentations
- Develop abstracts, posters, outlines, primary and review articles, slide presentations, and other materials
- Other duties may be assigned
- 2 years of experience with IACUC administration.
- Familiarity with regulations governing animal research.
- Have prior experience preparing scientific research for presentation.
- A strong understanding of the scientific method and engineering first principles.
- Sound decision making and organizational skills with an eye for detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences.
- A dedicated team player who brings initiative and thrives in a fast-paced team-focused environment.
- Certified Professional in IACUC Administration (CPIA)
- Masters degree, or higher, in Animal Welfare Science
Based on California law, the following details are for California individuals only:
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan; parental leave.
- Flexible time off + paid holidays.
- Equity + 401(k) plan.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Meals provided.
Multiple studies have found that a higher percentage of women and BIPOC candidates won't apply if they don't meet every listed qualification. Neuralink values candidates of all backgrounds. If you find yourself excited by our mission but you don't check every box in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.