Embedded Software Engineer Intern
We are creating the future of brain-computer interfaces: building devices now that have the potential to help people with paralysis regain mobility and independence and invent new technologies that could expand our abilities, our community, and our world.
Gain hands-on training, work alongside accomplished mentors, and contribute to real-world projects.
The implant team and be part of an elite team of engineers working on high-performance, safety-critical embedded systems for the next-generation brain-computer interfaces. We are looking for experienced, hands-on engineers who are interested in exploring what's possible in highly powered and latency-constrained environments. Firmware is the kernel of operation for the implant and you have the chance to determine and implement features that have a massive impact on the product’s capabilities. You will have the opportunity to work closely with chip designers, EEs, algorithms, and software engineers on a small team that moves quickly.
- 2+ years of experience with embedded systems.
- Proficient in C/C++, and Python.
- Knowledge of MCU architectures, peripherals, and development environments.
- Comfortable reading electrical schematics and datasheets.
- Deep knowledge of the embedded toolchains and workflow.
- Strong EE & DSP fundamentals
- HW/SW debugging skills with lab equipment.
- Experience with embedded stacks for ARM cores.
- Experience with safety-critical systems.
- Experience with FPGA development and testing.
- Experience with RF, BLE, and TCP/IP stacks from a practical embedded perspective.
- Prior work or experience with applied cryptography and embedded systems security.
Based on California law, the following details are for California individuals only:
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan; parental leave.
- Flexible time off + paid holidays.
- Equity + 401(k) plan.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Meals provided.
Multiple studies have found that a higher percentage of women and BIPOC candidates won't apply if they don't meet every listed qualification. Neuralink values candidates of all backgrounds. If you find yourself excited by our mission but you don't check every box in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.