Digital & Computational Pathology Lead
We are creating the future of brain-computer interfaces: building devices now that have the potential to help people with paralysis regain mobility and independence and invent new technologies that could expand our abilities, our community, and our world.
The Pathology Department is responsible for the macroscopic and microscopic evaluation of tissue samples from our study participants. At present, there are four cores of the Pathology Dept, which include Anatomic Pathology, Histology, Digital/Computational Pathology, and Lab Operations.
In this role, you will be supporting the computational pathology team in hypothesis testing, statistical analysis, data visualization, and building AI models. You will have a unique chance to develop cutting-edge infrastructure and automation tools for digital pathology workflows
- Assist digital pathology scientists with hypothesis testing and statistical analysis of high-dimensional data
- Create visualizations that help understand and interpret the complex high-dimensional data
- Work closely with scientists and collaborators to develop AI models for complex computational pathology tasks
- Select data for training/testing of the AI models and evaluate the performance of the models
- Assist in architecting, developing, and validating digital pathology infrastructure solutions for large file management and seamless data flow
- Lead data management and tracking activities such as receiving images and metadata from different sources, quality checks, organization, and reconciliation activities
- Lead workflow optimization and automation efforts
- Effectively communicate and present learnings to a diverse audience
- Train fellow scientists on the new digital pathology and workflow automation tools and write SOPs
- BS in computer science, electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, bioinformatics, mathematics, physics, or equivalent education with 7 or more years of experience or MS or with 5 or more years of experience
- Strong Python scripting experience in writing clean and scalable code
- Experience with Python packages such as pandas and numpy along with Python statistical packages such scipy or R
- Experience with data visualization software such as JMP, and PRISM; data visualization Python packages such as seaborn, matplotlib, etc.
- Understanding of statistical significance tests
- Understanding of dimensionality reduction algorithms such as PCA, LCA, SVD, UMAP, t-SNE, etc.
- Experience with digital pathology image analysis software such as Halo, Visiopharm, QuPath, etc.
- Experience with AWS - S3 buckets, EC2 instances and other high-computing platforms
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan; parental leave.
- Flexible time off + paid holidays.
- Equity + 401(k) plan.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Meals provided.
Multiple studies have found that a higher percentage of women and BIPOC candidates won't apply if they don't meet every listed qualification. Neuralink values candidates of all backgrounds. If you find yourself excited by our mission but you don't check every box in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.