Engineering Technician, Surgery Hardware
We are creating the future of brain-computer interfaces: building devices now that have the potential to help people with paralysis regain mobility and independence and invent new technologies that could expand our abilities, our community, and our world.
As an Engineering Technician at Neuralink for surgery hardware, you will work alongside the mechanical engineering team to tackle mission-critical projects by supporting multiple facets of surgery hardware manufacturing, testing, and use. This includes not only surgical devices, but also surgical proxies, like the one seen here. You will accomplish this by working closely with our hardware designers, machine shop, quality team, and surgery team, making sure that the parts are carefully made, released, and delivered where they are needed.
As part of this, you will give and receive feedback to/from designers, surgery staff, and others, as well as identify issues and execute improvement projects. You'll drive efforts like troubleshooting, data analysis, process improvement, and designing/building new fixtures. Your projects will immediately impact quality and rate of progress.
Job Responsibilities and Description:
- Assemble a range of medical devices and surgical proxies for both testing and final use
- Manage surgery hardware inventory and order requests to facilitate preclinical and clinical study needs
- Develop solutions that improve quality, efficiency, and traceability
- Work closely with hardware engineers to support testing and issue resolution
- Desire to work with safety-critical assemblies where quality is paramount
- Solid understanding of basic physics
- Built things that work
- 1+ year of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Qualification and Acceptance Testing
- Experience with production tools/best practices such as work orders, issue tracking, inventory management systems, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma
- Experience in a cleanroom environment
Based on California law, the following details are for California individuals only:
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan; parental leave.
- Flexible time off + paid holidays.
- Equity + 401(k) plan.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Meals provided.
Multiple studies have found that a higher percentage of women and BIPOC candidates won't apply if they don't meet every listed qualification. Neuralink values candidates of all backgrounds. If you find yourself excited by our mission but you don't check every box in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.