AI RESEARCH CHEF ANALYST
We are NotCo, one of the fastest growing Latin American startups in recent times. We innovatively combine science and technology to create plant-based products that are just as tasty, but with less environmental impact and taking the animal out of the equation. Our goal? For the good of the planet, we are going to reinvent the food industry: one delicious bite at a time. We are currently operating and conquering palates in Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, USA, Canada and Mexico.
Part of our DNA is to undertake, take risks, innovate and move the needle! We are not a perfect company and we do not have the perfect culture, but we do have the right culture: we are a group of people working tirelessly to change the food system and mass market mindset to protect our world, our health, our future generations, animals , and what remains of the beautiful wildlife. We embrace diversity, at NotCo everyone is welcome, here the only thing that matters is talent, potential and the motivation to want to generate high-impact changes: we are a group of unusual people, under a common goal.
We are currently looking for a Chef to be part of the Artificial Intelligence group at NotCo. The position is Based in the Experimental Kitchen of Santiago, Chile
The Chef will develop plant-based product prototypes in the experimental kitchen according to the product brief and the development pipeline protocols.
- Permanent interaction with AI to give feedback and to understand the importance of the technology in all innovation projects.
- Research and development for our AI-enabled system for the generation of new data to improve the database of our algorithm.
- Through fermentation, elaborate processes look for solutions to conflicts in the development of prototypes and give added value to our products.
- Apply tools and learnings from the algorithm and incorporate them into the kitchen & laboratory scale formulas.
- Continuous improvement of culinary techniques to apply new processes.
- Research to discover natural ingredients for label cleaning replacing conflicting ingredients in formulations and giving new solutions to problems in the food industry.
- Through AI, search for new combinations of ingredients, aiming for more complex flavors to increase tastiness in formulations.
- Make sustainability efforts to reduce food and packaging waste, recycle appropriately and, in general, design methods that make our daily work in the kitchen and office more sustainable.
- Create, innovate and develop new initiatives in a framework and context corresponding to management guidelines.
Requirements, experience, & education (knowledge, skills & abilities)
- Degree in Culinary Arts or equivalent (technical or professional recipe development experience, or similar).
- 5+ Years of experience in a restaurant or culinary setting.
- English (oral and written).
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (mainly PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
- Experience in development and/or preparation of plant-based recipes.
- Plan and self-manage the daily work in kitchen and administrative work.Ability to work priorities simultaneously and meet time-sensitive deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to taste and provide thorough feedback on every meal and ingredient sampled in the kitchen, including vegetarian, pork, chicken, steak, and seafood meals, as well as meals with dairy and added sugar.
- Maintain a clean, safe, work environment. Follow guidelines set out for good housekeeping, GMPs and Safety.Be proactive, organized, responsible and punctual.
- Desirable, but not mandatory;
- Work experience in establishments that favor innovation and the development of plant-based preparations.
- Capacity to work in an interdisciplinary environment (with scientists, engineers, designers, food technologists and business-people).
- Proactivity, organization skills, responsibility.
- Teamwork experience in a kitchen and capacity to work under pressure.
- It is important to keep in mind that every person in NotCo must sign a Non-DisclosureAgreement (NDA) before signing the contract.
If our purpose and way of working vibrate with you, and you want to be part of this story, apply to join this squad.
Something looks off?