Senior Staff Software Engineer, Data Platform
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2023
Our success is reliant on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can elevate assumptions and ideas with fresh perspectives. We're dedicated to hiring the whole human, not just a resume. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants-including those from historically marginalized groups. We would like to invite you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the requirements listed below. We don't want a few lines in a job description to get between us and the opportunity to meet you.
About the Team
Outreach is a fast-growing startup, disrupting the sales execution industry with our innovative products and services. We believe there are large swaths of value still locked in sales team data and we are putting an effort behind building out the best team to help Outreach and our customers succeed through the use of data. As our customer base grows, the desire for more insights, better coaching, and efficiency improvements outpace the supply. We are expanding the Data Pipeline engineering team to focus on delivering the next-generation data interaction experience. This will be a critical role that has the chance to expand and flesh out the existing data platform to support big data query and processing needs of feature teams, business intelligence, analytics, and data science.
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer, you will play a critical role in building and maintaining our data platform, forming our data-driven decision-making foundation. You will work alongside a talented team of software engineers, data scientists, and product managers to deliver high-quality data products that transform the way our customers do business.
What we're looking for:
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
• At least 8 years of experience in software engineering and data engineering, with a focus on designing and building data platforms
• Strong experience with cloud-based data platforms, such as AWS or GCPExperience with data processing frameworks, such as Spark or Hadoop
• Experience with modern Lakehouse table formats; such as Delta Lake, Apache Iceberg or Apache Hudi
• Strong programming skills in Python, Ruby, or GoExperience with data modeling, data warehousing, and ETL processes
• Experience with infrastructure management, such as Kubernetes and Terraform
• Experience with data security and privacy measuresExcellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
• Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced startup environment
Location: Seattle, WA (hybrid)
See more open positions at Outreach
Something looks off?