Senior Software Engineer (Back-end, GOlang) - Prague, Czechia
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
Our success is reliant on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can elevate assumptions and ideas with fresh perspectives. We're dedicated to hiring the whole human, not just a resume. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants-including those from historically marginalized groups. We would like to invite you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the requirements listed below. We don't want a few lines in a job description to get between us and the opportunity to meet you.
About the Team
The Admin Services team's mission is to enable our customers to manage their configuration at scale. Our services are at the heart of the Outreach platform, enabling and complementing pretty much every user scenario and every capability of Outreach, providing unique opportunities and challenges at every stage of the software development lifecycle.
We are expanding a newly established team in Prague and we are looking for one additional experienced backend Senior Software Engineer to be part of the mission to evolve the core services domain and to deliver even better customer experiences. You will deep-dive in challenging technical problems, build scalable solutions and identify performance bottlenecks, iterate quickly and deliver incremental value and thrive in a collaborative team environment.
Our Tech Stack
On the Back-end we are designing and implementing our new platform to follow microservices architecture patterns, with Go as the primary language, grpc APIs, PostgreSQL as the data store and Kafka as the gluing layer for eventing and messaging. We are transitioning our client-server interactions to use GraphQL.
While we are remote-friendly, we remain an "office-centric" company.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Working collaboratively on the vision, strategy and roadmap for the Admin Services area
- Building backend applications in a modern web stack. We primarily use Golang on the back-end. We are taking advantage of various services that help with durability, resiliency and persistence such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis, S3
- Using cutting edge services and tools for orchestration, automation and diagnostics such as Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, Honeycomb for tracing and Datadog for metrics and structured log processing
- Responding to changing requirements efficiently and responsibly
- Helping us build customer trust by keeping the quality bar high and delivering well tested code
- Owning features all the way through
- Going above and beyond to help your team
Our Vision of You
- Experience with building distributed systems with a cloud service-oriented architecture
- Experience building and consuming web-based APIs
- Familiar with continuous deployment environments
- Knowledge of Go or Ruby is a plus, but not required
- Great communications skills
- You embody our core values: we are hungry craftspeople, we have grit, we are honest, we take ownership, we have each other’s back no matter what, we’re one with our customers, and we find strength in diversity and inclusion
Why You’ll Love It Here
● Highly competitive salary
● Amazing working space with a running track on its roof
● Flexible time off, 5 weeks of vacation, and 5 annual sick days
● 4% employer supplemental pension monthly contribution
● Private medical care for employee and spouse with Program Health Plus
● Life insurance at 2x annual salary
● 5.000 CZK monthly allowance for meal vouchers, flexipasses and other personal expenses
● 16 weeks of annual top up maternity leave pay or 8 weeks of fully paid paternity leave
● Opportunity to be part of company success via the RSU program
● Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
● Relocation package - support offered for foreign future employees and their families relocating to Prague
● Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
● Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
● Fun company and team outings because we play just as hard as we work
See more open positions at Outreach
Something looks off?