SVP, FP&A & Analytics
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 8, 2023
Our success is reliant on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can elevate assumptions and ideas with fresh perspectives. We're dedicated to hiring the whole human, not just a resume. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants-including those from historically marginalized groups. We would like to invite you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the requirements listed below. We don't want a few lines in a job description to get between us and the opportunity to meet you.
This SVP of FP&A and Analytics opportunity will report directly to our CFO and partner closely with Outreach’s executive team. This SVP will lead the FP&A team and Analytics team. The goal is to manage and optimize a best-in-class finance organization that provides greater business insight to drive profitable growth and operational improvements while instilling public company discipline in terms of rigor for forecasting and reporting.
Location: This position is Seattle, WA preferred. We are ideally looking for someone who lives in the Seattle area, who would be willing to relocate, or who could fly frequently to the Seattle area.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Be a strong partner to the leadership team by providing insights that drive positive business outcomes leveraging the FP&A & Analytics teams as centers of excellence. Leverage the operational insights from Analytics and financial insights from FP&A to communicate actionable insights and recommended actions to senior management.
- Work closely with the leadership and Go to Market (“GTM”) teams to identify systems, data, or process needs that can drive revenue growth and improve unit economics. Work with the GTM team to create capacity plans, model cost structures and determine best business outcomes.
- Be a leader and facilitator of executive strategic planning both one-to-one and in group meetings. Foster cross-functional alignment and improve business partnerships. Drive alignment, communication, and resourcing across functions to ensure meaningful KPIs.
- Manage a high-performing team, actively participate in building a positive culture that is customer-focused, team-oriented, and results-oriented.
- Partner with Investor Relations to leverage metrics for communication with current investors and eventually as part of IPO.
Our Vision Of You
- The ideal candidate has built and led FP&A and Analytics teams within a high growth, publicly traded B2B SaaS organization with the desire to grow and broaden his/her responsibilities.
- 15 years of progressive financial planning and analysis and/or corporate finance management roles in high growth software companies that have reached $100M+ in annual revenues.
- A track record of strong partnership with GTM teams.
- A minimum of 5+ years in a senior leadership position, with demonstrated history and ability dealing with executive management.
- Demonstrated expertise in finance and strategic planning, including core competencies in budgeting and reporting, financial modeling and analysis, capital budgeting, investor relations support and strong familiarity with corporate accounting.
- Experience leading an analytics team with the ability to create a performance- and metrics-focused culture.
- An in-depth understanding of traditional B2B sales demand generation, pipeline management, and forecasting.
- Ability to cover a range of activities, from C-level presentations to hands-on data “deep-dives” with analysts, including the ability to summarize and visualize complex analyses that tell a compelling story.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence management and contributors at all levels of the organization.
- An individual who is respected for their opinions and counsel that can forge and maintain close relationships across stakeholders.
- Ability to respond and prioritize effectively and meet deadlines.
- Independent and flexible problem solver with ability to cope positively with changes in the work environment.
- An MBA is preferred.
- Highly intellectual – ability to think deeply and qualitatively about business problems, breaking down issues and presenting solutions.
- Strong management skills; a proven leader in training and developing high-performing organizations and team members; a proactive leader and effective coach committed to the development and engagement of their team.
- Strong self-awareness and interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to build relationships. A good listener with outstanding influencing qualities and a natural, effective consultative style.
- An effective and decisive leader who works well under pressure, and someone who works with a sense of urgency staying calm and in control.
- Entrepreneurial with a high level of energy, and drive to succeed and win.
- Highly analytical and metrics-driven.
- Team player who is highly collaborative.
- Strong work ethic.
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards.
- Independent, self-motivated individual with a positive, service-oriented attitude.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status