Director of Product Management, Creator Tools
Patreon is the best place for creators to build memberships by providing exclusive access to their work and a deeper connection with their communities. We’re building a content and community platform where creators can engage directly with their fans and monetize their creativity, while maintaining full ownership over the work they make and the communities they create.
We’re leaders in the membership space with 250,000+ active creators and over $3.5 billion paid directly to creators on our platform. Our team is building tools to optimize the creator-to-fan relationship, including native video, enhanced podcasting features, improved creation tools, and new community experiences. We’re continuing to invest heavily in building the most talented team in the Creator Economy and are looking for a Director of Product Management for our Creator Tools team to support our mission. This position will be located onsite in our New York City office with a hybrid schedule.
About the Role
- Lead a product management team to reimagine the experience for creators on Patreon and build tools to help them launch and grow sustainable businesses.
- Hire, manage, coach, and develop an exceptional team of product managers.
- Report to the Chief Product Officer and partner with engineering, design, UX research, and data science leadership to define the future of creator tools and commerce experiences on Patreon, both short-term and long-term.
- Influence vision, strategy, and product roadmap and align the organization by clearly and confidently presenting complex product ideas to leadership and the broader organization.
- Oversee multiple projects and ensure the team delivers according to deadlines, is effective, and team members are set up for success through clear goal setting and career support.
- 8+ years of experience directly managing world-class consumer product management teams
- Proven track record of leading a team of talented product managers to deliver on major 0→1 initiatives
- Well-demonstrated ability to ruthlessly prioritize and build processes that scale
- Ability to inspire and rally a team around a clear vision, strategy, and roadmap while understanding broader organizational needs
- Thrives in an ambiguous, scaling, iterative product development culture
Patreon powers creators to do what they love and get paid by the people who love what they do. Our team is passionate about making this mission and our core values come to life every day in our work. Through this work, our Patronauts:
- Put Creators First | They’re the reason we’re here. When creators win, we win.
- Build with Craft | We sign our name to every deliverable, just like the creators we serve.
- Make it Happen | We don’t quit. We learn and deliver.
- Win Together | We grow as individuals. We win as a team.
We hire talented and passionate people from different backgrounds across the organization. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t match with every bullet point outlined above, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. If you’re a creator at heart, are energized by our mission, and share our company values, we’d love to hear from you.
Patreon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Patreon offers a competitive benefits package including and not limited to salary, equity plans, healthcare, unlimited paid time off, company holidays and recharge days, commuter benefits, lifestyle stipends, learning and development stipends, patronage, parental leave, and 401k plan with matching.
The posted range represents the expected salary range for this job requisition and does not include any other potential components of the compensation package, benefits and perks previously outlined. Ultimately, in determining pay, we'll consider your experience, leveling, location and other job-related factors.