Patreon is the best place for creators to build memberships by providing exclusive access to their work and a deeper connection with their communities. We’re building a content and community platform where creators can engage directly with their fans and monetize their creativity, while maintaining full ownership over the work they make and the communities they create.
We’re leaders in the membership space with 250,000+ active creators and over $3.5 billion paid directly to creators on our platform. Our team is building tools to optimize the creator-to-fan relationship, including native video, enhanced podcasting features, improved creation tools, and new community experiences. We’re continuing to invest heavily in building the most talented team in the Creator Economy and are looking for a Data Engineer to support our mission.
This role is available to those wishing to work in our SF and NY offices on a hybrid work model or those wishing to be fully remote in the United States.
About the Role
- Work on a tight-knit team of highly motivated and experienced data engineers with frequent collaboration with data scientists, product managers and product engineers.
- Work on both “data analytics” and “data infrastructure” type projects in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment.
- Build core data sets and metrics to power analytics, reports and experimentation.
- Write real-time and batch data pipelines to support a wide range of projects and features including our creator-facing analytics product, executive reporting, FP&A, marketing initiatives, model training, data science analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Help manage and build out our data platform and suite of data tools.
- Be a driver of a data-centric culture at Patreon. Work autonomously on large green field initiatives and help define data best practices at the company.
- Expert in SQL, Spark and Python or Scala
- Significant experience modeling data and developing core data sets and metrics to support analytics, reports and experimentation. Solid understanding of how to use data to inform the product roadmap.
- Enjoy collaborating with Data Scientists, Product Managers and Product Engineers. Comfortable playing the role of a Project Manager in order to drive results.
- Have previously built real-time and batch data pipelines using tooling such as Airflow, Spark, Kafka, S3, Fivetran, Census, etc. Experience working with event tracking frameworks, data observability frameworks and experimentation frameworks.
- Experience managing and working with Data Warehouses and Data Lakes such as Redshift, Big Query, Snowflake, Delta Lake, etc.
- Highly motivated self-starter that is keen to make an impact and is unafraid of tackling large, complicated problems and putting in the work to ensure high craft deliverables.
Patreon powers creators to do what they love and get paid by the people who love what they do. Our team is passionate about making this mission and our core values come to life every day in our work. Through this work, our Patronauts:
- Put Creators First | They’re the reason we’re here. When creators win, we win.****
- Build with Craft | We sign our name to every deliverable, just like the creators we serve.
- Make it Happen | We don’t quit. We learn and deliver.
- Win Together | We grow as individuals. We win as a team.
We hire talented and passionate people from different backgrounds across the organization. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t match with every bullet point outlined above, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. If you’re a creator at heart, are energized by our mission, and share our company values, we’d love to hear from you.
Patreon is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Patreon offers a competitive benefits package including and not limited to salary, equity plans, healthcare, unlimited paid time off, company holidays and recharge days, commuter benefits, lifestyle stipends, learning and development stipends, patronage, parental leave, and 401k plan with matching.
The posted range represents the expected salary range for this job requisition and does not include any other potential components of the compensation package, benefits and perks previously outlined. Ultimately, in determining pay, we'll consider your experience, leveling, location and other job-related factors.