General Interest Form - Future Sales Development Representative Roles
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
>>>>This post is not an application for a specific position.<<<<
We are always interested in connecting with highly motivated Sales Development Representatives. If there are no open SDR positions at this point - we recommend you drop your resume in this General Interest Form below!
Our Sales Development Representatives for the EMEA territory support our regional Account Managers. They contribute to the development and pipeline growth for government and commercial accounts by conducting thoughtful and creative outreach to a range of key stakeholders in order to generate new revenue.
Our EMEA team is located in Germany and remote in the UK.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Drive and assist discovery conversations during the introductory phase of the sales motion, uncovering each stakeholder's set of business needs, use cases, technical requirements, and purchasing process
- Utilize business and industry knowledge to research accounts (i.e., ZoomInfo, Hunter.io), identify key stakeholders and generate interest
- Develop sequence strategies for multiple stakeholders to engage across various channels, including phone, email and social media
What You Bring:
- Experience prospecting a complex technical product or service to commercial and government accounts
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex topics and translate them into effective messaging and business outcomes for targeted campaigns
- Great enthusiasm for speaking to new prospects about Planet’s value proposition
- A desire to succeed in the role, grow your career at Planet, and support the regional Account Executives
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and one other language is a plus
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Domain expertise in GEOINT, satellite imaging, or remote imaging. Previous vertical experience in: agriculture, CPG, Energy, or state and local government a plus
- Experience prospecting or selling into high value and government accounts
- Understanding of Command of the message, leading discovery calls and identifying pain in a methodical way
- Knowledge of Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, Groove and email automation tools a plus
After You Submit Your Interest
We are excited by your interest in becoming a Planeteer! We do our best to connect with all interested candidates that submit their resume in our General Interest Form, but it may be some time before you hear from a member of our Talent Acquisition team. We encourage you to continue to monitor our careers site for more updates and new positions!
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Know Your Rights.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the hiring process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.