Workplace Relations Coordinator
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
The Workplace team is seeking a motivated teammate to care for our Planet Arlington office and employees. This entry-level position focuses on a combination of hospitality services, custodial responsibilities, and event management, making it an ideal opportunity for someone starting their career in office management or someone who is well versed but looking for a part time role. The ideal candidate has a customer service heart and a passion for creating great experiences for everyone entering our Planet office. They are also a beacon of light to answer questions and support the office, as well as upholding and reinforcing company- wide culture by working with our global workplace team. This position is based in our Arlington office, with flexible work hours, with a minimum of 16 hours a week. Timing to be determined but needed weekdays only, Monday through Friday, between 9am to 5pm.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Own the day-to-day workplace operations, guaranteeing consistent and excellent services are delivered to our people and space.
- Mail and deliveries guru, keeping track of all incoming and outgoing packages
- Company inventory procurement specialist, ensuring office supplies, swag, and food and beverages are always well stocked, kept clean and orderly.
- Host of VIP meetings and events, including welcoming all guests onsite, room readiness and coordination, and arranging refreshments for meetings
- Order lunches for onsite employees and any visitors
- Help monitor and ensure the office equipment is in proper working condition, collaborating with Corporate Engineering (IT) when necessary
- Participate in planning and coordinating company events, such as holiday parties, team-building activities, and celebrations, both for in person and remote Planeteers
What You Bring:
- A keen understanding of aesthetics, the ability to create visually appealing spaces, and a natural talent for ensuring every element is flawlessly arranged with a quick eye and superior attention to detail.
- A true desire to make people happy, working in a highly collaborative environment with the ability to work well with cross-functional teams.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude with the ability to adapt to changing project demands. Significant resourcefulness and flexibility are required.
- Excellent communication skills (to comprehend and give instructions) and exceptional organizational skills
- Flexibility to work part-time hours, with potential availability on weekends for special events.
- High level of G Suite aptitude
What Makes You Stand Out:
- An appreciation of humankind, including understanding ways to express and communicate with a variety of people. (We are all in this together)
- A keen sense of humor, and the willingness to laugh at yourself
- You want to help make the office a better place, but not at the expense of mother earth or our principles
- Willingness to ask questions, learn, and have a keen sense of curiosity
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
The US base salary range for this full-time position at the commencement of employment is $38,000 - $62,500. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary short-term and long-term incentives (bonus and equity). The final salary range is determined by job related experience, skills and location. The range displays our typical hiring range for new hire salaries in US locations only. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Know Your Rights.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the hiring process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.