Director, Product Marketing
Salt Security is the original API Security vendor pioneering the market as the first vendor in 2018. Since then we have exhibited hyper-growth in a number of customers, threats stopped, and revenue. We saw API security as the security battleground of the future years ago as APIs started to form the foundation of the application innovation needed to drive business success today. Across banks, retail and transportation, IoT, autonomous vehicles, and smart cities, every modern app depends on APIs. Attackers realize APIs are the conduits to all sorts of valuable data and services – within the year, APIs are predicted to be the number one application threat vector. Without secure APIs, businesses cannot rapidly innovate. Salt Security has delivered the only patented solution to discover all APIs and their exposed data, stop API attackers, and provide remediation details for dev teams to write more secure APIs.
At Salt, we’re passionate about what we do. We work as a team and embrace new ideas, wherever they come from. We also enjoy all the benefits of a startup environment, including quickly seeing the results of your work, making an outsized impact on our company, and solving diverse challenges.
Want to make a big difference? We encourage you to apply!
Director of Product Marketing - fully remote
We are looking for our leader in product marketing to create world-class content and high-impact sales tools. The ideal candidate will have led product marketing in other security companies, enjoy creating content for external and internal audiences, and be creative about finding ways to stand out in the noisy security market.
The critical role will help lead go-to-market activities, create distinctive content, launch new product releases, and drive awareness of the dynamic API security market and Salt’s leadership role within it. You’ll fit right in if you are passionate about working with an experienced team to solve customer problems and grow this new cybersecurity category. If you like a fast-paced environment, want to build out a critical discipline within the company, and love doing as well as directing, then this is the job for you!
- Develop compelling, differentiated positioning and messaging
- Create engaging content including problem definition and other thought leadership content, shorter digestible and impactful whitepapers, solution briefs, case studies, sales presentations, videos, webinars, web content, blog posts, and more
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, corporate marketing, and sales to execute go-to-market strategies, including product launches and campaign content
- Understand API security market trends and the competitive landscape to identify customer needs, use cases, and product benefits for specific segments and audiences
- Work with product management to prepare competitive analysis for sales
- Support field and inside sales activities with training, enablement, and tools
- Represent the company at industry events, conferences, and briefings
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing, technical marketing, or product management for enterprise security/application security companies
- A “doer” – produce at a rapid pace and keep up a steady pace with a sense of urgency
- Previous experience at a startup
- Proven track record in developing effective positioning, messaging, and content
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical concepts and communicate them to a broad audience
- Previous experience contributing to sales enablement, product launches, and marketing campaigns
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- High attention to detail and strong ability to manage multiple, competing priorities